20. commander`s story
  21. Creatures commander
  22. Force of commander
  23. Grand commander
  24. Great commander
  25. great commander story

ucsMYB.png

Advertisement

This is not a Production/Management question. It's more a Marketing or Writing question. Moving to the Writing forum.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Most of these are painfully generic.  They don't tell me a thing about what makes this game special compared to all of the other strategy games out there.

What's a "tactico"?  It's apparently a made-up word related to "tactics", but beyond that I have no idea what it means.  Did you mean tactician?

What's a "smoud"?  It appears to be a made-up word, but I can't tell from context what it means, and I don't even know how to pronounce it.

Including "Fairytale" in the title is interesting.  It sets the game apart from other strategy games.  However, "Fairytale of Commander" is a terrible title.  <noun> of <noun> titles only work if both nouns are both independently strong and work well together.  "Commander" is the most generic noun possible for somebody who commands, and it doesn't work well with fairytale at all.  Adding articles to the title would improve it, as would replacing the word "commander" with just about anything else.  "A Fairytale of a Warlord", for example, is much better than anything on your list.

11 hours ago, a light breeze said:

Most of these are painfully generic.  They don't tell me a thing about what makes this game special compared to all of the other strategy games out there.

What's a "tactico"?  It's apparently a made-up word related to "tactics", but beyond that I have no idea what it means.  Did you mean tactician?

What's a "smoud"?  It appears to be a made-up word, but I can't tell from context what it means, and I don't even know how to pronounce it.

Including "Fairytale" in the title is interesting.  It sets the game apart from other strategy games.  However, "Fairytale of Commander" is a terrible title.  <noun> of <noun> titles only work if both nouns are both independently strong and work well together.  "Commander" is the most generic noun possible for somebody who commands, and it doesn't work well with fairytale at all.  Adding articles to the title would improve it, as would replacing the word "commander" with just about anything else.  "A Fairytale of a Warlord", for example, is much better than anything on your list.

Thank you bro! Honestly i am not native english speaker, and your answer is super helpful for me, it is look like true for me (even if it is not)

Peter, if English speakers are not your primary target audience, maybe your game doesn't need an English title. 

The idea is free access to game from any place for everyone. I dont care about title, i just want to get right, clean and comfortable for reading title.That is why i want to hear everyone's opinion

English speakers may be curious about a foreign-sounding title, if it sounds cool or interesting. Numerous successful games have titles that are non-English.

What's the backstory from your game? Are these factions in war or something? Or it's simple a "soldiers vs monsters" scenario?

Give your game some backstory, and the name might come from there. There's no need for a complicated backstory, just some descriptions of what these fighters are, where they came from (name the factions or countries), why they fight, etc. This might give you some names to use not only in the title, but also in the game.

For example, if the black characters are invaders, you can do something like "Defenders of Ibi Jinna" (ib jinna meaning "far away place" in Iorubá, if Google Translate is reliable). If your language is not English (s, you can use a generic name in your language, but one that sounds mysterious to foreigners. Or even change the name of something in real word, like Salamanca (city name) to Solemanca.

Thanks for the comprehensive information. Yes, you are right, i think making name from backdtory is best solution. Tom also tips to make non english name, may be it will realy not so bad.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement