Early stages of building an indie dev team...

Started by
7 comments, last by sethj11 4 years, 3 months ago

Hello all. I'm forming an indie dev group on discord. I want it to be a ground up kind of thing and to build a small foundation of members to flesh out the “company” name and the game idea. It makes sense to me to make a free game first and then move on to a rev-share situation, but everything is up for discussion in these early stages. We already have 3 programmers, so it would be great to get animators, artists, level designers, composers, etc, of course if you're a programmer mainly, that's OK too. My vision is to build a group of devs, in a good culture, that culminates in more than just a one-off situation. So, if you are looking to work on a project whose idea, structure, and roles are already well established than this might not be for you (yet) but if you're interested in getting in on the “ground floor” and establishing a great group with diverse talents where we can learn from each other and work together to create something we all had input on from the beginning, PM me. Thanks, everyone!

Advertisement

Hello! I’m just starting out as a voice actor so if any of your upcoming projects requires one id be happy to help out! Let me know if you want me to send my demo reel over.

Thanks!

Hey I'm an artist and into game production, worked as a play tester for a while on a few games so I know a lot about the process, would love to work with some people.

Ahoi! I am new into game industry. My interests are
- game design especially game mechanics and world building
- back-end programming

I am 43 years old physicist/aerospace engineer/programmer. 25 years in tabletop RPG and strategy games. And looking into strategy/RPG video games mechanics from early 90's.

Hey there! I'm a composer who's really into ambience/high intensity and everything in between. My portfolio can be found at www.apprenticepianist.com . Would love to work in a fully fledged team!

Alex “Apprentice Pianist” Brown

Hi Ace, I am a composer and sound designer; currently studying creative music technology at university, looking for projects to work on, please DM me so I can send you my portfolio, Thanks!

None

Hello Ace. I am not a programmer, nor an artist of any sort. I am looking for a team to work with as a game designer with focus on game mechanics and balance and possibly world building. What you are looking to build sounds much like what I am looking for. Let me know if you want to know more.

ce

Hi Ace. I am a programmer by trade (I graduated with a B.S. in Game Development C++ from Full Sail University in 2011) focusing on C# for business software nowadays, and I'd love to get back into games. I can help with programming, though I'd love to move into the design arena, from worldbuilding to asset production to level design. Hit me up here or on Discord (sethj11#0083).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement