Pixel Artist Needed for Short and Casual Multi-Ending Game

Started by
0 comments, last by mig2003 3 years, 1 month ago

Introductions: Hey! So, my name is Miguel and I'm currently working on a multi-ending game with GMS2, with the help of a couple more team members. I'm in charge of all the programming, which I have 5 years of experience with, as well as composing the OST. The rest of the current team consists of a writer, who will handle the scripting of the game, and two more friends who will help with voice acting and potential alternate translations.

Game Concept: The game consists of a summer cruise that unexpectedly crashes at the end of the day, and of one of its passengers, who is caught in this accident. Despite any hope of survival being apparently gone, this passenger is miraculously given a second chance by a mysterious entity that approaches him: now, he has the power to go back in time, until the very start of that same day, and must find a way of saving the ship and every person aboard. To achieve this goal, the player must explore the cruise and find out what happened, who made it happen and how to stop it before it's too late.

Scope and Progress: This project has about 2 weeks of progress. The game consists heavily of repeating the exact same day and exploring multiple scenarios and strategies to achieve alternate endings, so the scope is not too high, which is ideal for a hobby project that, yet, we intended to fully carry through. Currently, a majority of the basic game mechanics are already concluded, such as core controls, dialogue systems and the in-game menu. As for the planning and idea structuring, we have a google document with more detailed descriptions and explanations, which you'll be given access to if you're interested to learn more, independently of whether you've decided to permanently join our team or not.

Position Required: Right, so with a coder, composer and writer, we're clearly missing the core role of illustrating. The game will be 2D and Top-Down, so the style we need is a classic, RPG-ish pixel art. This includes characters, objects and simple animations. Other than these specifications, the aesthetics are really up to your personal preferences and strengths.

To conclude, our goal is to make a short yet gripping game that you replay and explore in order to get the best, worst and funniest endings. It's a hobby project, so the scope isn't high, and we don't expect extremely experienced professionals either, as it goes without saying. All we need from you is passion, and you can trust we'll be as passionate as you. Now, will you join the crew?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement