Crypto games in Unity [Looking for team members]

Started by
3 comments, last by trendtimer 2 years, 5 months ago

Hello,

My name is Dennis and I'm from the Netherlands.
At the moment, I'm looking for people who are interested to work together on a crypto game.
Last couple of months I've invested a lot of time researching crypto games, I think having blockchain in games is going to be the feature and there a potentional to make decent amount of money.

I've made a few prototypes with connecting Unity with a crypto wallet, or do transactions from within the game.
I want to able to fully communicate with contracts on the blockchain from within the game.

For ex: https://www.cryptoblades.io/

This project did really well, but I think it can be much more immersive.

Any team member is welcome, programmers/artist/game designers

Feel free to contact me on Discord
- Dennis_#1897

None

Advertisement

Hi Dennis, are you continuing to pursue this? I ask because suddenly the Metaverse is hot and it seems that there is a lot of money to be made in crypto-gaming.

I remember seeing Decentraland 2-3 years ago and thinking that the game didn't look that great, but really didn't look into it closely. Now the market cap is 5 billion+. I actually spent 3 years creating a VR world-builder type of game. It has tons of features. There's an in-game scripting system (no coding, just setting parameters via sliders) that lets you build all kinds of cool things. For example, here I'm building a fully functional pinball machine from scratch entirely in VR. I haven't released this game and almost no one has even seen it, but I've been wondering if there might be a way to incorporate crypto into the game and (perhaps) take part in the current crypto-gaming-mania.

Hi @applefruit @trendtimer , are you both still pursuing this idea?

I am also interested in starting a project like this. Seems to be a great area to start building a project in.

@trendtimer, your VR world-builder game looks really cool! Does it currently have networking for a social aspect/social interactions? I have skills in MLAPI and in integration of networking.

Aswell as using smart-contracts, a project like this could also use NFT's.

None

Hi drorog, The game has support for multi-player using Photon, but this hasn't been fully tested. I'm still curious about pursuing this idea, but at this point it's only an idea. I think some kind of land ownership and crypto-based economy would need to be added. The game allows users to create full worlds, or individual items that can be shared with other users. I agree that NFTs could be a part of this.

I don't have any experience programming with crypto/block chain programming, so would need someone to help with this. I think it would take a lot of work to make this into a crypto-Metaverse, but I have put in a tremendous amount of work, so perhaps this could be leveraged. I'd be interested in speaking with you about this. I don't check this website often so only saw your response just now. I'm @DHarrison2020 on Twitter. Maybe you can DM me?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement