Linking Error on Arm.

Started by
4 comments, last by Aracadian 2 years, 1 month ago

Trying to link a game. Getting a error with it trying to link to angelscript.

/usr/bin/ld: /root/mutgos/depends/lib/libangelscript.so: undefined reference to `CallSystemFunctionNative(asCContext*, asCScriptFunction*, void*, unsigned int*, void*, unsigned long&, void*)'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

CPU Info: processor : 0

BogoMIPS : 50.00

Features : fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 atomics fphp asimdhp cpuid asimdrdm lrcpc dcpop asimddp ssbs

CPU implementer : 0x41

CPU architecture: 8

CPU variant : 0x3

CPU part : 0xd0c

CPU revision : 1

Linux fiore-gaming-ubuntu-instance-3-ampere 5.13.0-1021-oracle #26~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Mon Mar 7 14:30:17 UTC 2022 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

This is being hosted on Oracle Cloud. They do offer free accounts for anyone and anything on Arm Cpu's.

Do you know of anyway of fixing this on my current VPS?

Thank you for your help, much appreciated for your time.

Advertisement

Looks like the CallSystemFunctionNative from as_callfunc_arm64.cpp is not compiled. Probably you're also missing the assembler routines in as_callfunc_arm64_gcc.S.

What project files are you using? Can you check that the files as_callfunc_arm64.cpp and as_callfunc_arm64_gcc.S are included in the project files for the build?

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

@WitchLord I'm using the gnuc project, probably should've mentioned that in my original post.

Yes, the gnuc makefile indeed doesn't currently include the as_callfunc_arm64.cpp and as_callfunc_arm64_gcc.S for the build.

Can you try adding these? I believe it will work without any other changes.

You can just add the files right after the files as_callfunc_arm.cpp and as_callfunc_arm_gcc.o.

Let me know if it works and I'll make sure this is included in the next release.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

@WitchLord Yep! That fixed it! Thank you so much, much appreciated for the help. Didn't think it'd be that much of a simple fix and all that.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement