Best Engine for My Team?

Started by
1 comment, last by Ultraporing 2 years ago

Hey! I was wondering if anyone had any advice for 2D visual programming engines.
The game my team is planning to make is super simple top-down pixel styled, but I need an engine that can handle full-quality 2D animation- and I'm unsure if any visual programming engines out there can do that.

Currently looking into Construct 3 and similar,
The reason I'm not just defaulting to Unity etc is because coding is a huge hurdle for us, and visual systems are more than enough for the mechanics of our game.

I appreciate any insight,
Thanks ^^

Advertisement

bigboybigbo said:

Hey! I was wondering if anyone had any advice for 2D visual programming engines.
The game my team is planning to make is super simple top-down pixel styled, but I need an engine that can handle full-quality 2D animation- and I'm unsure if any visual programming engines out there can do that.

Currently looking into Construct 3 and similar,
The reason I'm not just defaulting to Unity etc is because coding is a huge hurdle for us, and visual systems are more than enough for the mechanics of our game.

I appreciate any insight,
Thanks ^^

The only Engine with Visual Programming that I know is Unreal Engine with its blueprint system. You can use it for 2D games too, got a free license tier with a pretty lenient royalty system. You only have to give them a part of your games profits once it passed 1 Million USD gross revenue.
The community is active, tutorials and examples are everywhere. Here is the page: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US

“It's a cruel and random world, but the chaos is all so beautiful.”
― Hiromu Arakawa

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement