Beta testers needed for AI development suite

Started by
10 comments, last by ambarapusaikiran333@gmail.com 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Get swept away by your creativity. Image by MidJourney

TL;DR

• Beta testers needed for in-development AI tool suite for creatives.
  • For people wanting the ultimate tool against writers block to supercharged creativity and productivity.
  • Transformer-based foundational model with RAG memory system (Not a GPT wrapper).
  • Throw any development documents or images you have in and the system will automatically compiling create a game “Universe” with a full understanding of everything you hoped to build.
  • Create or compile any number of characters with full immersion role-playing to chat, create dialogues, and develop Scenes.
  • Create or compile Quests/missions, Locations, Items, or Scenes uniquely or in bulk.
  • Tools for assistive story writing.
  • Tools for bulk batching actions: text, dialogue, story options.

Please forgive me, this post won't have the enthusiasm and depth as my original post, which I haven't gotten over the loss of. But the Chanel be posted in the proper section so I shouldn't fear it being deleted before being seen.

My team and I are not game developers (assuming boardgames don't count), but we have aspirations. I myself have a career in filmmaking with high hopes of continuing to work in creative storytelling till the end of my days. But we've been hard at work for the last eight months or so to develop a platform for creatives that I think will be of excellent use to game developers across the spectrum.

Characters from the Prairie Skies demo Universe.

Brain~Wave is a comprehensive AI tool suite built to help facilitate people create their projects faster, efficiently, and enjoyably. More than anything, in my time using it I have been stunned by the deep wellspring of creativity sitting inside of me, that is almost always kept under wraps from a general sense of writer's block. But I found that by only needing to provide half of the thinking needed to create, I like many others, become a fount of unique and imaginative ideas.

Also I've seen firsthand how being able to enjoyably dabble in creative exploration allows me to be creative first, and critique afterwards. Which is the most necessary workflow for my own productivity.

Purely when it comes to characters, their dialogue, and interactions I always come back to a quote from the irreplaceable national treasure, Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes. My mangled memory of it from a foreword in one of his many books or something to the effect of: “to write believable, consistent, and realistic characters, you simply need to imagine yourself as them through and through.” A phrase well deserving of the adage easier said than done.

A portion of the character control mechanics of Brain~Wave.

As I mentioned before, this is a new style of AI that should become far more common place in the coming years. The most important difference is our system takes everything that you provide to it, from design docs to concept art, and creates an insanely deep true understanding of the game universe you are trying to build. Inside of that universe, everything maintains a strict adherence to how you hoped to create your game. So unlike other AI tools we are constantly trying to write in instructions to keep it relevant and on task, that is the absolute base foundation of our system.

3 demo game Universes are provided to test immediately, if desired, before creating your own.

We want to hear feedback about how people find the system fitting their needs, their expectations, and how it is helping or harming their productivity. We truly feel this is a powerhouse of a tool, but it will always come down to the end-user on how they choose to use it or not.

We have most of the tools available immediately and some coming within a short period of time. Our co-writing tool in the future will be a wildly powerful co-author to assist you and guide you through building longer narrative text for lore, back stories, world building, and more. Our Serializer tool will be invaluable if you want every character to have 100+ things to say every time somebody talks to them without omission starting. Or you decide you need to have 10,000 “barks" of passerby dialogue.

A dialogue chat with the antagonist Captain Kell from the Fertile Ground demo Universe.
A scene of 3 characters generating their own conversations, directed by the user.
The Locations tab is for creating locations for Scenes, stories, and more.

I appreciate you reading this far. This is a weird time for everybody to be vehemently against any a use of AI tools. And for the most part, I can't really fault anyone for that. Having used the tools and systems out there and seeing how haphazardly they perform their jobs, I understand the hesitancy. I also get the fear about the aspect of being replaced. But I think like any other technologies in the past, this will simply be another thing in the tool kit that helps drive creative onward to their best works.

If you'd be interested in giving this system a spin for a few weeks, I would love it if you reached out. If you simply got some thoughts or feedback about what you would hope to see you and expect, feel free to leave a comment. Thank you for giving me a few minutes of your time.

None

Advertisement

HMM

interesting… is this mainly for writers?

CaseyAIM said:
Throw any development documents or images you have in and the system will automatically compiling create a game “Universe” with a full understanding of everything you hoped to build.

SO.. do you mean it will generate documents with expanding and fleshing out the world?

Also, what are your privacy settings?

Most of the files we'd be feeding into this AI software are likely covered by our NDAs, will the AI respect that? or will it add it to a growing body of knowledge it will extract from.

I'd recommend posting a video of a demo use of this tool, walking us through it all.

Our company homepage:

https://honorgames.co/

My New Book!:

https://booklocker.com/books/13011.html

CaseyAIM said:
Get swept away by your creativity. Image by MidJourney

If you have any creativity, you won't need MidJourney.
If you lack it, MidJourney will help you, but it will swap you out as well.

CaseyAIM said:
Throw any development documents or images you have in and the system will automatically compiling create a game “Universe” with a full understanding of everything you hoped to build.

Yep. And after some more people will do this, we'll have more full blown game universes and content than anyone has time to visit. They will be all awesome and epic. Having a dropped jaw will be the new norm.

And soon after that we will realize: All our content is suddenly worthless. All those brands and franchises which did cost a billion and lifetimes of workhours to build up, suddenly have a value of zero. Everybody and his mom can do the same thing now with zero effort, so standing out becomes impossible.

So will this new technology help us to come up with new exciting things, or will it devalue and replace the entire industry, or both?

I guess you don't hear this speculation for the first time, so how do you deal with such concerns?

@GeneralJist Hhey thanks so much for getting back to me on this.

Who its for

Yes. This is predominantly for writers. There's no game engine integration, but it's something I hope we can do one day.

Privacy

Privacy is something that we are currently working on to build expand and improve. Currently, each user or organization will have their own account. Organizations will have an admin account and user accounts. But I would need to check on the status of our backend accessibility as we wanted to ensure future customers' works are entirely protected from all prying eyes, including our own. This is on a road map closer to when we switch over to a paid model. But it may be critical to get any testers, so I'll discuss with the programmers today about it getting implemented sooner.

But when it comes to any of that data being added to an AI knowledge database, know that is not part of our business model.

User data

We've had no plans to have user content added to our AIs/engines. It's actually surprising that we've never talked about that because that seems to be the thing that everybody does. But I guess we sort of straddle that line between users and creators.

Walkthrough video

That's actually on my list of tasks to do. I'll probably try to get that done today because I have three people interested in signing up. I was planning on doing it live with all of them on a Google Meet, but a standalone video is a better solution.

Thank you for all the great questions. Hopefully, I answered all of them. I'd recommend posting a video of a demo use of this tool, walking us through it all.

None

@JoeJ

Not to be argumentative, but I don't agree with the dismissive nature I see a lot of artists take when it comes to generative AI. It's bizarre to me that any artist could conflate generative AI with a lack of creativity, or vice versa. It's a tool like any other that can be used as a 100% replacement for your creativity down to attempting to expedite the visualization of your ideas. I suppose there is a black-and-white end of the spectrum, but there are a few hundred shades of gray in between.

Future vision

I am glad you surmised there's been no end to the deliberation or conversation about the many thousands of ways this technology will affect the industry and the future of entertainment. It's one of my hourly speculations, but the best I can do is speculate because we will just have to see. I certainly have some ideas that we're going to see things transition to novel and truly unique “just for this one customer” entertainment.

But before that, I think we will see a branching of many mainstream large AAA games that simply have a far shorter development timeline, as well as an explosion of engrossing indie games that will require a somewhat new industry based around the idea of creation. By that, I just mean a growing collection of popular influencers that will serve as key opinion leaders on which games are buried treasure, and which are fools gold.

There will be a glut of freshly made games, of that there is no doubt. But I think there are two possibilities of how that plays out.

Firstly and probably most importantly, I think our tool and many others will democratize game-making in a way that helps the industry continue. The way things are currently going, entry-level jobs are quickly getting curtailed and removed. This is horrific because it would put a definitive implosion date on the game industry that requires mid to expert-level developers without allowing anybody to learn and train up to that level. This new wave of AI tools will help many with aspirations, but no background or ability to seek the training due to financial or time limitations, find and build that foothold they need to develop skills and break into the industry.

Secondly, I truly believe that Indie gaming is going to be the bigger focus in the coming years. AAA titles are most certainly fun, but there is no end to the amount of disappointment they can bring either from multi-year to decade-long wait times, not meeting expectations, bugs/failures at launch, and being overly reliant on “studio interference” like that seen in the film industry. I have a feeling that games being made by people because it's a game that they would want to play will resonate and create more games that may not be broadly marketable but will be enthusiastically loved by the audience looking for exactly that game.

Again, I think that's just one way to look at it. Recently I watched a nice little video essay by the YouTuber Arlo where he discussed the fairly agreeable idea of the AAA bubble. Erase a lot of similar points both when it comes to the sameyness of AAA titles as well as the growing issues for developers both in survival and keeping new blood coming into the industry.

Future value

I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea of everyone being able to do it, and that's the value falling to zero. Most certainly not everybody's going to do it. That's just a given willI wholeheartedly disagree with the idea of everyone being able to do it, and that's the value falling to zero. Most certainly not everybody's going to do it. That's just a given. Will there be more people? Yes. Will there be more games? Yes. Will everything be good? No. I think some form of creation will be a new industry that pops up, helping to direct people towards games that are truly exciting. And again, what excites one person will not excite another. So there will be a wide variety of things to choose from.

So does that preclude anybody from making money? No, I can't see that it would. Does it preclude somebody from making as much money as they could ever have made under another paradigm of the industry? Possibly, but it does mean more people will be able to make money that they never could have otherwise. So I suppose it balances out.

Falability

I think the main thing that I am taking away from your reply is that you have a very negative general outlook toward the future of genAI and a very high level of respect for what you believe these generative AI systems can do. My position is mostly a positive general outlook, and a lower level of respect but a higher level of appreciation. That's where we differ.

I truly believe that in a not-so-distant future, somebody out there will have a system that completely generates exactly what customers would want on the fly. They walk in the door after a long day of work, and their personal AI assistant has a pretty solid guess on exactly what they need; be that a irreverent situational comedy with romantic undertones, a mind burning sci-fi thriller film, or a mindlessly charming farming simulator game. And I that absolutely will be the future. I can't tell you who's going to create it, I can't tell you when it's gonna happe but that will be the future one day. Could be 10 years from now, could be 20, could be more. But it's going to happen.

But by no means do I think that we need to stop what we are doing now. Just because our careers will be over one day, does it mean they are over now. I've spent over 12 years in the film industry as a cinematographer. Being as entrenched as I am in AI, I know that my future workload is going to fall off dramatically in the next 6 to 9 years. In less than a decade, I know for a fact that most small productions (like commercials, music videos, and probably even interviews) will be exceedingly common to just be generated. To film in real life versus generating a video will be the same level that we currently have for filming something with a digital camera versus a film camera. Yes, there is a small percentage of people still using film, but it is minute and rarely considered.

I can definitely assume that there are plenty of people who could read all of that above and assume there's nothing but a gloomy future to be scared of. But I don't feel that way at all. I feel like the ability for creatives to be creative is only growing. As I shared much better in my previous post (before it was callously deleted), the thing that I'm most excited about with our tool is it truly made me feel exceptionally creative and productive. That's what everybody needs. Whether it's our tool, a good cup of coffee, or a nice rainy day. We all just need to be searching for the things that make us feel good, feel creative, and feel like we are slashing through our task lists.

None

CaseyAIM said:
It's a tool like any other that can be used as a 100% replacement for your creativity down to attempting to expedite the visualization of your ideas.

prompt:

> Which other tools from the set of any can be used as a complete replacement for my creativity?

> What is my amount of contribution, if the tool accelerating my creativity does so by reproducing from the pool of all human artists?

> By selecting from the pool, which creativity is improved more? Mine, or yours?

JoeJ said:

prompt:

> Which other tools from the set of any can be used as a complete replacement for my creativity?

> What is my amount of contribution, if the tool accelerating my creativity does so by reproducing from the pool of all human artists?

> By selecting from the pool, which creativity is improved more? Mine, or yours?

1. My comment didn't come across quite as well as I was trying to say. I was agreeing with you that some people might be able to use MidJourney (and other tools) as a complete replacement for their creativity (which is what I assumed you were trying to say in an earlier post), but I doubt that is often the case.
  2. You'd have to use it to experience it. Our tool lowers the burden of creation, so most people feel far more creative. I'll have to let you take it for a spin.
  3. Yours. We don't retrain with user content.

None

https://youtu.be/zYF4IlSo0_E
Here is a link to an initial walkthrough video. It's a slapdash creation, so I'm happy to take any creative notes on a v2 as well.
v2 will be needed as the platform is under a constant state of development so some features were missing at the time of recording, and others are coming soon.

None

Indeed, one of the options on which AI works is an “Expert System” built on a “Dialogue Base”

but you didn't indicate what you are going to test:

1 : generator of correct dialogues between characters

2 : game world generator - where the characters will be given dialogue through your AI system

3 : or game map generator

and so on: but in fact in the games there are characters : Tank / Fighter / Mage / Healer

characters played by a team of players - this option definitely lacks a reasonable system of dialogues - but the slang there is peculiar

and regarding the real monetary price of AI for the Game: the price may be more than the cost of the game itself

Alice Corp Ltd

@alice wolfraider
You made a brilliant point. I suppose we just are trying to test everything. How the people feel the system works, how people like it, what needs to be improved, what needs to be expanded, what needs to be added.

We have a imagined price list that should be affordable for Indie developers, but part of this beta testing cycle is trying to find out if people are getting enough value out of it, and adjusting prices based on that metric. Like everyone, of course we need to make money, but we are pretty equitable people that would prefer to have customers for a lifetime instead of pricing them out.

None

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement