🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Cubase

Started by
1 comment, last by C3ooo 22 years ago
Recently I have tried Cubase, but still couldn''t figure out how to use it. Can the program allow inserting sound samples and make sound fonts?? AHHH!... these program features are just too complicated to understand Email me if you''re experienced with CUBASE. C3ooo@hotmail.com
Not busy ?? visit http://everything.at/bs
Advertisement
all software synth/sequencers can use soundfonts... it''s
all just a matter of pointing your program to the
correct midi ports.
for example, if you have a sound blaster live,
you''d see various ports in cubase like

Creative SW Synth
General Midi Out
General Midi In
ect...

in which case you''d use the creative software synth
when it doubt screw around with the settings while
you''ve got a loop running.

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
the program itself doesn''t allow you to make a soundfont. for that your best best is probably something like Vienna Sound Font studio which is free to download from the creative website..... if you have a creative card.. i''m not sure if it will work on any other brand (most likely not)
cubase itself utilises the SF''s into musical material.... but doesn''t create the SF''s themselves......

if thats any help
Failing that. try something like Virtual Sampler. its about $60 to buy, and you can upload your wav files, map them to your keys, and then export as an SF which you can put into Cubase.

Purple Hamster
Helped and be helped!
David J Franco__________________________visit www.davidjfranco.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement