🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

public domain ww2 sfx ?!?

Started by
1 comment, last by Drakar 21 years, 11 months ago
I worked at a studio in which are boss was able to contact NASA to get free copies of DATs full of shuttle launch audio in the public domain. I was wondering if anyone might know of somewhere I could get access to ww2 recordings that might be in the public domain? DRINK GIN! IT MAKES A MAN MEAN-milk and cheese
DRINK GIN! IT MAKES A MAN MEAN-milk and cheese
Advertisement
I'd check with places like the Smithsonian and even the History Channel. AFAIK, all original (American) film reels of actual WWII combat were created and are owned by the government which means they're all public domain (since Uncle Sam can't hold copyright).

Looking for an honest video game publisher? Visit www.gamethoughts.com

[edited by - charper on July 15, 2002 3:29:17 AM]
Looking for an honest video game publisher? Visit www.gamethoughts.com
Thanks for the advice!!

One funny thing that I have learned in my experience doing field recording is that explosions just don''t come out right recorded digitally on a portadat. The tape compression from the old analogue machines like the Nagra D really add something to the impact of the explosion. Of course I couldn''t even come close to affording one of those monsters

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement