🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

expectations in endings

Started by
11 comments, last by walkingcarcass 21 years, 7 months ago
sorry, that last post was a little unclear

in the example, you would have to abandon the search for your identity and resolve the plot ignorant of whether you were brainwashed/manufactured/traumatised

okay, sunandshadow, ill rephrase that to "abandon the search for the illusion of self you had previously developed"

A Problem Worthy of Attack
Proves It''s Worth by Fighting Back
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
Advertisement
ok of course, if you were just created, does that make it the illusion of self someone previously developed for you?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

The writers on Star Trek: TNG were hired season by season. The writer for the first cliffhanger episode "The Best Of Both Worlds" wrote the first half but his contract expired after that, so he didn''t have to worry about the ending. Then they rehired him so he had to figure a way out of his impossible situation

Two story elements I dislike are the "and then I woke up" ending where the whole story was just a dream and the surprising plot twist thrown into the story just for the sake of having a plot twist.
SpiffGQ

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement