🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

feedback needed

Started by
8 comments, last by nowiseguy 21 years, 7 months ago
first of, i''ll like to intro myself. I am Rakesh of Malaysia. I''ll be honest, i''m not a game developer, but i''ll love to be. i''ve got plenty of game ideas (i''m sure almost everyone here has too). I''ll like to share one here, and feel free to add anything constructive like your own ideas and thoughts if you wish... ok, here goes early 1958...this is a semi-fictional world...just as the WWII has ended, and many countries try to rebuild what has been destroyed during the war, China has seize the opportunity to attack a badly weakened Japan that suffered so much damage from the war. Lead by the communist party, the chinese have taken over Japan and now plans to take over, part by part, the whole Asia. by the end of 1958, the Allied Forces are alarmed by the growing strength of China (the reason they hadn''t react yet is because of the lack of resources etc because of the WWII), and begin to react to the situation. By this time China have control of the whole of Asia, save a few countries including Asia and the most of the middle east) the allied forces begin the "counter-attack" on the Chinese. they begin the assault on south-east asia, but as the allies move towards vietnam, laos and burma, they hit a dead-end as they find it impossible to penetrate the area. the reasons why the allies desperately want to push back the chinese. 1, because of the oil dependency on the Middle east. 2 raw minerals from all over asia. this is a FPS so the player will be involved in the assault, all the way to vietnam, when he, along with a whole lot of Allied soldiers are captured. from there the player will escape and go on to fight all over asia... thats all for now...i''ll post more on the game later..for the time being feel free to post your ideas and thoughts on how to make this game better... thanks for the time..
Advertisement
Put it to work, man.

www.gametutorials.com

Download some tutorials from there and get to work, eh?

Could be a million dollar game
Ass up high, make a mother fu**er cry help me stay aliv.the time is right i wanna feel it good 'n' tight i'm going to do this alone i'm gonna feel it upright.
Hi, I am from Austria and I want to get also Game- Programmer.
(Excuse my faults in writing in English)

This is a really great idea!!

I think, it would be very interesting to include also the Cold war as it happened. The allied forces are the Western Hemisphere?
It''s typical that they have to be against China.

But what''s the role of russia. That''s an important thing because on the one hand they could profit of another strong comunist country, on the other hand China could be a real menace to them. The cool thing about this is that it''s not only a bipolar story. The major story events havn''t to happen in a linear way.

It is also important to define the point of view, because an Asian like you would prefer a total different role in the game than an European like me.

What kind of game should it be? Like Command & Conquer(strategy) or like Halo(ego-shooter)?
I kinda likes it. However China couldn''t do much to try to take over Asia, LOL! And the Americans would slaughter them. And Canada, let''s not forget all powerful Canada!!!! (lol)
Powerful Canada?
Heeheeeeeee
Ass up high, make a mother fu**er cry help me stay aliv.the time is right i wanna feel it good 'n' tight i'm going to do this alone i'm gonna feel it upright.
I like...

If at first you don''t succeed, call it version 1.0

SketchSoft | SketchNews
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
quote: Original post by GPO18
Hi, I am from Austria and I want to get also Game- Programmer.
(Excuse my faults in writing in English)

This is a really great idea!!

I think, it would be very interesting to include also the Cold war as it happened. The allied forces are the Western Hemisphere?
It's typical that they have to be against China.

the reason china is because
1. the are comunist(at that time they were pretty bad, no offence to chinese people here ;-))
2. because the whole world is just rebounding from the WW2 especially in asia, and china(with it's comunist powers and strength in numbers) decide to take over asia

quote: i]Original post by GPO18
But what's the role of russia. That's an important thing because on the one hand they could profit of another strong comunist country, on the other hand China could be a real menace to them. The cool thing about this is that it's not only a bipolar story. The major story events havn't to happen in a linear way.

russia could play a significent part in the game, since they are communist too..maybe during the game, when the allies start to push back China, Russia comes in to help...

quote: i]Original post by GPO18
It is also important to define the point of view, because an Asian like you would prefer a total different role in the game than an European like me.

that's why i asked for your opinions and ideas :-)

[qoute]i]Original post by GPO18
What kind of game should it be? Like Command & Conquer(strategy) or like Halo(ego-shooter)?

i think i'll be more like Medal of honour kinda game mixed with a bit of stealth etc...of course this is a big bloated dream of mine, but nevermind...

quote: i]Original post by Furion
I kinda likes it. However China couldn't do much to try to take over Asia, LOL! And the Americans would slaughter them. And Canada, let's not forget all powerful Canada!!!! (lol)

well, as i said in the main post, this is a fictional game based on some past events(ww2). so in this game, most countries are still reeling from the WW2, including the US ;-)

[edited by - nowiseguy on November 19, 2002 1:17:49 PM]
This sounds like a great idea, if you need any help then just ask(im still learning programming).

If you want to learn to program then its fairly easy, you jus'' need common sence(its hard, bit it can be done ).
one very good book is "game programming for beginners", great for beginners.
Then all you need is Microsoft Visual C++, the book teaches for this, so it would be best to use it. it''s great!!!
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.
This also sounds good for sequals, or other genres,
i.e. A Turn based / RTS(Real Time Stratagy) games would be good as well.
You should listen to me, im 'Special'.Or so my physiatrist said.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement