🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Meccha Universal War- The storyline for my mech-like war game.

Started by
6 comments, last by alphacentric666 21 years, 6 months ago
Introduction: This is one of my later video game ideas called Meccha. This idea has been inspired by Mech Warrior and the Japanese animated series Gundam Wing. This game features medium size robots called Meccha. The Mecchas are not as small as the Mechs neither as big as the Gundams but medium size. The Meccha is atleast 500 pounds. The story is about a universal war in outer space. People sacrific their lives to fight for peace and justice. There are also Wartecks, Mobile Suits, and elemental Chasis. Wartecks are like Gundams but a little bit smaller. They carry energy swords that can slice other robots. Mobile suits are giant well-designed robots that are weather resistent. Elemental Chasis are a little smaller then Mecchas. They run at a enormas speed and are also resistent to specific weather conditions. Storyline: After the end of human civilazation, god re-created humans so that he could give them one more chance to make their world less sinful. The year is after apacolypes 193. Planet Mobuis sends out there government troups to Mankrea. Mankrea is Mobius''s sixth moon and another military force called the Gejo Organization has there army on Mankea for an hostile take-over. The Gejo organization wants Mankrea to be apart of there government, but the mankrea is already apart of the Mobuis government. So the government of the Mobuis planet sent out their military troops to Mankrea to claim their territory back. The Gejo Organization and the Mobuis Government have been enemies for more then a decade. Now there are battling on the Mankrea moon. Mean while elsewhere in the planet Oaricle, a group of scientist are making a newer model meccha. The planet Oaricles are also at war with Gejo Organization. The Gejo Organization have wiped out most of the human population in Oaricle. Oaricle is suppose to be an oil source for the Gejo Organization but after a while Oaricle representives decided not to give the Gejo Military Organization anymore oil because they were running out of oil for themself. So the Gejo Military Organization decided to attack Oaricle for that purpose. A billion miles away in a galaxy caled Milky Way In the planet Earth, scientist have discovered a way to have human civilization live outside of earth. With the United States government money they decided to build giant black blocks outside of earth and near the moon that represent space colonies. In those blocks a few million volunteered humans from earth will start a new life in those space colonies. It took 1 hundred years(since apocalypes) to make these blocks the size of Russia. In the year A100 they were done and human cizilation began in those blocks. There are a total of 89 colonies. Each colony has their own president, government, and military force. Some of the representives of earth wasn''t to pleased of how the space colonies ran their government. In Colony 67 there was a rebellious organization called the NWO(New World Order). They didn''t obey the law, they didn''t like either the space colony government and the earth''s representive. They manage to steal other colony military weapons. Such as mobile suits. With these mobile suits they will do whats right in their mind to get rid of the government. In the year A201 they assinated the president of colony 13 and now there on their way to earth to assinated members of the United States government, earth representives and Middle East Civilians(for their oil). The Gejo Organization is also on their way to the space colonies to destroy there civilization. The Gejo Organization has mobile suits that are able to travel one billion miles in a week. "A programmer being told to ''''go to'''' hell sees the ''''go to'''' part of the sentence as the bad part."
"A programmer being told to ''go to'' hell sees the ''go to'' part of the sentence as the bad part."
Advertisement
You Lost me here.

quote: god re-created humans so that he could give them one more chance to make their world less sinful
What part of the sentence you didn''t get?

"A programmer being told to ''''go to'''' hell sees the ''''go to'''' part of the sentence as the bad part."
"A programmer being told to ''go to'' hell sees the ''go to'' part of the sentence as the bad part."

Just to help clarify what Anonymous might have been referring to:

quote: After the end of human civilazation,

Wowzers. From creation to apocalyspe in 0.75 seconds. There''s a lot of lost history here; how did the world end?

quote: god re-created humans

God? Re-created? What god? Whose god? This implies a whole religious bent to the storyline, or else this is really unimportant to know.

quote: so that he could give them one more chance to make their world less sinful.

See the statement above. There''s a powerful statement in this that some overseeing diety has a hands-on approach to day to day life in this reality. I''m seeing a whole Moses/tablets scenario here.

quote: The year is after apacolypes 193

Ooookay...a couple of things. One, if the population of the world was completely obliterated (forcing this god-creature to "re-create humans"), then who is keeping track of the calendar so that there would be a post-apocalypse? Were there survivors? Historical archives that this new humanity discovered?

Also, 193 years is a speck in the chronology of existence. That''s a tiny amount of time to be re-created as a race of beings and develop technology to the extent that there are robotic warsuits marching around blasting things to atoms. Going by the biblical calendar we''re some 2,000 years after Christ, and yet we''re not even close to the technological levels you''re describing later.

My initial assumption was some cataclysmic destruction of Earth, but since you bring up other planets and lunar colonies I''m wondering if these are humans or alien life? Did we/they conquer the stars within these 193 years? If I jump ahead in your concept description, you state that "a billion miles (lightyears?) away in a galaxy caled Milky Way In the planet Earth"...; these "humans" aren''t Earth humans then? Where was human civilization destroyed? On Earth? On some Earth colony that this "god" re-created? It''s very confusing.

I''m not trashing you or putting down your storyline (although it comes across as very Robotech-ish) - just explaining why Anonymous was lost by the end of your first sentence.
[font "arial"] Everything you can imagine...is real.
Oh, ok, thats cool. I get your point. I didn''t bother being descriptive on the early portion of the storyline because I just wanted to get straight to the point(where/when the game actually takes place). I didn''t want to spend too much time explaining how the ''gods'' re-created humans. Maybe when the game is made it would be explained in the beginning FMV sequential footage of the game.

Its a Mech Warrior-like game. The gamers/players would be wouldn''t care what ''gods'' I''m talking about. They are interested in the war part(when the game actually takes place). Maybe I''ll create spin-offs or prequels for those who want to know the whole story.

Just felt it was a waste of time explaining the un-important part of it. If this game was like an RPG or something. I would be in-depth with the storyline, believe me. But its a game featuring robots.....come on man. No one really cares about the re-creation of humans or apacalypse. They just want to know how the war got started and why everyone is fighting.

"A programmer being told to ''''go to'''' hell sees the ''''go to'''' part of the sentence as the bad part."
Not to mention, I bet some Muslims might get offended at how close that is to "Mecca."

[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest of DAIAGA[edited by - YodaTheCoda on December 10, 2003 1:57:54 PM]
When/If my game company goes big then I''ll only sell my games in U.S, Canada and Japan. If the title of the game sparks up a great deal of controversy then I''ll leave it.

I don''t want to limit my ideas just because some religious people get offended.

(Off-Topic)
No offence, but being religious does ''block'' out the person''s creativity and originality. If you talk to a kid in military school then more than likely, that person would be a generic/normal human and would lack creativity.

Just wanted to get that out of the way.

Suggestion then? Throw out all that stuff about gods, the apocalypse, and re-creation; they're irrelevant and distracting.

If your game is a shooter than all you really need is the bit about "We got oil. They want oil. We don't want to give it to them." Fill in the names and places and you're done. Focus on the civil war on Mankrea and flesh out why Earth is being drawn into this fight. Are the Earth governments even aware of these other races? Is there even a planetary defense in place? What's the relationship between Mobius and Earth, if any, since they're both essentially at war with Gejo? How does the NWO factor into all of this? Are they in league with Gejo?

I would also change it from oil to some other fuel type; a different ore or mineral instead. Fossil fuels in the future are SO last year

[edited by - EricTrickster on December 11, 2002 11:56:52 AM]
[font "arial"] Everything you can imagine...is real.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement