🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I'd like a simple C++ sound library

Started by
2 comments, last by Eck 21 years, 7 months ago
I''m looking for a simple C++ sound library for windows. Any links or help that you post will be most appretiated. Clarification: I''m not looking for a library of sounds. Requirements: Functions to Initialize/UnInitinitialize. Function to load a sound file via a std::string or char[]. Function to unload a sound. Functions to play/stop/loop a loaded sound. Function to dynamically adjust volume of a sound in each speaker or the ability to assign a 3d location and adjust it. Good samples/documentation so I don''t have to pester anyone. Preferences: Cross-platform. Visual Studio samples. Thanks in advance. I''ve done about an hour of scouring the message boards, but currently the search option is disabled. I''ve also checked out the resources section but couldn''t seem to find what I was looking for. Thanks, Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

Advertisement
Sounds like FMOD might work for ya..

I think the website is www.fmod.com or maybe www.fmod.org

If you do a google search for it I know you''ll find something

-Nate S.
"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.."
OpenAL.

Documents [ GDNet | MSDN | STL | OpenGL | Formats | RTFM | Asking Smart Questions ]
C++ Stuff [ MinGW | Loki | SDL | Boost. | STLport | FLTK | ACCU Recommended Books ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
Thanks for your help guys. That''s what I was looking for.

Later,
Eck

EckTech Games - Games and Unity Assets I'm working on
Still Flying - My GameDev journal
The Shilwulf Dynasty - Campaign notes for my Rogue Trader RPG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement