🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

false stereo image and IMA compression

Started by
0 comments, last by nico 21 years, 7 months ago
Hey guys and galls, I''m currently working on a project and I was hoping to pick your brains about a couple of things: 1. Creating a false stereo image for an ingame ambient wind sound. I''ve got these great mono howling wind sounds, but the game engine I''m working for wants a stereo file. For rock, I usually create these either by double tracking and hard panning, or by EQ; I can''t really double track these wind sounds, and my EQing attempts haven''t been that noticeable. I''ve been experimenting with some short delays, but can''t seem to "hit that sweet spot." Any settings you guys could reccomend? 12ms? More? (Working in PTF). 2. The game engine wants 16 bit 4:1 IMA .aif 22025 files. So far, all the music I''ve done ends up sounding pretty crappy. I''ve tried compressing the bejesus out of the low end, but I still get this crackling sound on my low end. I''m using QT5 Pro to go from .aiff to IMA .aiff. Have you guys come across any tricks to prevent this? Should I just be chopping the lower frequencies (gasp!). Thanks, -nico
Advertisement
If fiddling doesn''t help why fiddle? Just save it as a stereo file.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement