🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Free Licensing for an mp3 player?

Started by
3 comments, last by Tancients 21 years, 7 months ago
Does anyone know if one of these exists? Something that could be implimented in a game, but one doesn''t have to pay to play for a retail game.
Advertisement
Use Ogg Vorbis instead.
Some people argue it sounds better and has a better compression ratio. I don''t know.
See the download page.

[ Start Here ! | How To Ask Smart Questions | Recommended C++ Books | Free C++ IDE. ]
[ Header Files | File Format Docs | LNK2001 | C++ STL Doc | STLPort | Boost C++ Lib ]
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
The thing that stinks is that only game developers use OGG Vorbis, and some audiophiles. I think that most audiophiles use monkey audio, a loss-less file format. Oh well. I''m helping the cause. I''m converting all of my .WAVs (murder to download) and mp3s into ogg vorbis. Funny name, eh?

RTFM | STFW | EMFP
---------------------
[ c o d e m a t r i x ]
When you go homeTell them of us, and say:For your tomorrow,We gave our today.
Ogg Vorbis? Sounds like a town of bad guy''s in an RPG.
quote: Original post by elendil67
The thing that stinks is that only game developers use OGG Vorbis, and some audiophiles. I think that most audiophiles use monkey audio, a loss-less file format. Oh well. I''m helping the cause. I''m converting all of my .WAVs (murder to download) and mp3s into ogg vorbis. Funny name, eh?

"mp3s into ogg vorbis" is A Bad Idea. Basicly you are converting from one lossy compression to another. You will have a significant loss of quality. Leave them as mp3.

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA | LiT | H*R ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Reference | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement