🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What's your current project?

Started by
32 comments, last by sunandshadow 21 years, 6 months ago
I''m trying to finish my damn Master report At least now my plan is complete. I just need to actually write the stuff, and possibly get some demo code to show off a bit.
My subject is Game AI, more specifically the importance of AI''s role in FPS games (from a moving target, to a potent enemy, to a valuable ally, hopefully) and the relationship between agent and environment.
My signature is half a joke in this case, as I''ll probably need some form of divine intervention to finish on time (given that I am already extending on my original two years).

Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
Advertisement
Time Wars for which the main character ages forward and backward according to obstacles he encounters giving to or taking away from his abilities. Must remain older then a baby or younger then the old man to survive. Obstacles can be both benificial or deterimental depending on present age and chores to accomplish.

Guy
Re: BB''s post about the suicidal character.

I think the idea of a games main character comitting suicide is a great one.

Consider not having the suicide at the end, try it in the beginning or soon after.

Imagine suddenly seeing or realizing that YOU are comitting suicide, and then thinking, "Great, it''s over." But it''s not over, you continue the game after the suicide, whatever that is.

For an added twist (or neccessary one), have the rest of the game after the suicide be a recount of the events that led up to the suicide... but you wouldn''t have to tell the player this... let him figure it out... let him think he''s in the after world, or that the suicide was a dream he woke up from.

Yeah that''s great... the player commits suicide, then wakes up... ::sigh:: it was a dream... then play out the game that ends in the same suicide... was it a premonition or a frame?

Okay... sorry to butcher your idea if you''re already set on the story.

- Jason
quote: Original post by llvllatrix
Me and my friend have decided to work on remaking Nintendo''s Zelda: a link to the past, using OpenGL.

Have you seen this project headed? by NeHe... hosted right here on gamedev.

http://nehe.gamedev.net/nehegames/zelda/zelda.asp

- Jason

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement