🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Recording tracks on PC & burning to CD

Started by
4 comments, last by d000hg 21 years, 6 months ago
I want to record a few tracks for me lady and burn onto CD. Currently my PC only has sound recorder which came with windows and has a 60s track limit. I want software that can record a track from mic input (& preferably line in too), and can play back one track for me to record a second with (ie record guitar then play back and record vocals). I want to be able to set volume etc seperately for each track. I also need something to convert the output to CD-audio format so I can get it on the CD. Finally I want it to be free - shareware is fine or limited use too. Please help me, I only have a few days to do this! Read about my game, project #1 NEW (9th September)diaries for week #5 Also I''m selling a few programming books very useful to games coders. Titles on my site. John 3:16
Advertisement
I''m not sure I understood exactely what you needed, but try Cool Edit 2000. You can get a Demo version easily at http://www.syntrillium.com/download/
To control the levels, use Windows mixer.
To record what you''ve done, save as an MP3 or WAV format, so that you can burn it with Nero or Easy CD creator...

'' hope this will help...
I am not sure about this, but on modplug.com (or .org or something) there was a good quality wave editing tool called sound engine.

If you can''t find it, try google.

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA | LiT | H*R ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Reference | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

yep, sorry, Cool Edit 2000 won''t be really useful, since the demo version can only save 60 second tracks...
All you need to find is a program that can record more than 60s, preferably an infinate time, from an input on your sound card?
TRY:

http://download.com.com/3002-2169-7787508.html?tag=dir

*go there, don''t try to download it, LOL*

if you have any more problems, just ask!

Tazzel3d ~ Dwiel
I use multiquence. It does what you want, but my version was registered or hacked by someone (not sure but it doesn''t have the unregistered limitations). Between that and using goldwave to edit the individual tracks (same company does both) I have come up with some decent sounding stuff. Its not the prettiest looking thing out there, but small and compact mean I can use it on my 500 MHz computer although I do get warnings about my system being too slow if I get more than 6 tracks going at once with their own equalizers. I use the demo version of fruity loops for drum tracks (demo only exports wave file and doesn''t allow saving the drum patterns which is really a pain). Thats about it. I think the demo version of multiquence only allows you to save like 45seconds, but as I said before, my version is "registered". Good luck

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement