🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Unreal Tournament announcer

Started by
2 comments, last by d_oswald 21 years, 6 months ago
Hi guys, has anybody an idea (or knows a place to find out) how to create a voice similar to the good old Unreal Tournament announcer''s (u know, the guy with "rampage" etc)? And do u maybe know a good freeware sound editor to do this? I need that for a game, so any help is gratefully appreciated. Thx in advance Yours D. Oswald Yo soy un hombre sincero de donde crece la palma
Yo soy un hombre sincerode donde crece la palma
Advertisement
Well, you could do it with the demo version of CoolEdit 2000 or any sound editor with paste as mix and the standard audio effects. The UT announcer is mostly just a deep voice with echo and reverb. You might try copying the voice, pitch-shifting it, and mix-pasting it over the original as well, or you could just sample the voice actor''s voice saying the phrase at several pitch levels and experiment with different mix combinations. But it''s mainly the reverb that does the job.
---blahpers
Thx, I will try....

Yo soy un hombre sincero
de donde crece la palma
Yo soy un hombre sincerode donde crece la palma
If you''ve a ''standard male voice'' (Well, for a games developer, chances are we''re the same and we''re slightly weaker) - a 110 pitch in Cool Edit 2K and experiment with the echoes.

If you really want someone to do this for you, try SAVAGE, and look drop me a mail. I can impersonate the UT guy quite well.

http://savage.samods.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement