🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

I need critisism

Started by
2 comments, last by Ganryu 21 years, 6 months ago
I''ve written a track in Cubase, and i want to hear your comments about it. Especially what i can improve/change. Basically i want to know what you don''t like with it and that i can change (apart from the abrupt ending, but ignore that one). http://ffasylum.com/~ganryu/audio/Carnival.mp3 Just a note: The track is meant to sound a little "creepy" too... Perhaps i should emphasize that somehow...
Advertisement
I think it sounds very nice. Like the intro organ. Gives it kinda freakshow/circus feeling.

Maybe you should try pan the sounds some more. Make it a bit more wide.
This can help to make it sound more realistic: http://www.dsokids.com/1/seating.html

You can find better seating charts. This was just the first one I found when I did a google search.

One thing that made me improve alot was when I started using the mod wheel for expression/volume changes.
Yeah... I know i kinda use to ignore the panning.

Thanks for the link, btw :D
Hi there, I''ll be rough here..

I love the beginning, but around 22sec I don''t like the clashing cymbals and the whole song becomming so orchestral and moving away from the circus organ focus. It''s starting to become a little egyptian in places too.

This piece would suit a dark twisted circus. If I was to use this in a game I''d concentrate more heavily on extending the solo organ part, and if you provide the orchestral backing, then keep the organ dominant and fade / filter the orchestra into the background.

Perhaps using some flutes as fills or to work around the main organ melody like a snake.

Add some crowd samples too to give it some more ambience.

Other than the bit of nitpicking, it''s got great potential!

Audio Artist
www.GroovyAudio.com
Game Audio Professional
www.GroovyAudio.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement