🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What you think?

Started by
2 comments, last by Arinacci 21 years, 5 months ago
I need to know if this is a good synopsis for the video game my team and I are making. Since the discovery of the Elves’ Dimensional Portal, the Nizzarian army, under the rule of Julius Nizzara II, had been forcing their way to the ancient ruins of Cynopolis, the place where this project is held. Julius Nizzara believed that what ever lies beyond this portal could grant him the knowledge of how to conquer Beta Prime. The Beta Prime alliance (BPA), consisting of the countries of Fionorai, Golaea, and Zenlo are at the Elves aid to stop the Nizzarian army from reaching Cynopolis.
Advertisement
May be good for a backround, but I am left clueless on what kind of game this is. Is it RTS, RPG, FPS? I am also clueless on what the player will do, what will he encounter in the game?

That''s really not a whole lot of information. It''s just a bunch of names.

But basically, there is a portal, and some guy wants to conquer some place by harnessing whatever the portal leads to, but the people in that place he wants to conquer have come to the aid of the people who live where the portal is to stop him. That''s alright for now. Why does he want to conquer them though?

*Only in darkness can one truely shine*
*Only in darkness can one truely shine*
That''s a horrible synopsis of a possibly great story. Then again, I could say it''s a short synopsis of a possibly horrible story. It''s the final story that counts.

What do you think of my idea: (substitute in colorful names as you will)

A wants B but C has it. D wants B also. A fools D into cooperating with A to get C, and then betrays D in the end. But all along, D was fooling A, and D ultimately gets B. C and A die.

That could be a fantastic story, but it all depends on the actual final product. I thought up the idea in 20 seconds. I could''ve spent thirty minutes thinking up cool names to go with it, but it wouldn''t really mean much more.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement