🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Creation Myth

Started by
7 comments, last by Tirial 20 years, 7 months ago
*edit* [edited by - Tirial on November 24, 2003 5:25:27 PM]
Advertisement
sounds like the tolkien universe with different names to me. go read the silmarillion... or have you already? heh...

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
quote: Original post by eldee
sounds like the tolkien universe with different names to me. go read the silmarillion... or have you already? heh...

Sounds like Tolkien''s Middle-Earth with some names different, some switched around, and some altered in minor fashions.
I read it but i didn''t think it was that similar. Okay, maybee a little. the second, third and fourth ages are nothing like it. I''ll probally have to change things around a little.
Ignore my first post, I just went back and read the simmilarion creation myth(i hadn''t read it in awhile) and they are way to close. I''ll repost it once i overhaul it(basically rewrite the whole thing).
I also noticed the name of the God of the Sea has an... interesting name that sounds very familiar to us Final Fantasy buffs. Tidus is the main character in FFX and is quite similar to Tidus, which means that you will probably have other people clamering all over you for that. However, THEY WON''T, because I have already mentioned it (the caps are there to make sure that people catch the meaning there. I don''t want to see people repeat already stated statements). However, I see that you have taken your name from the tide (if not, the name can be changed easily) I suggest you change the name to Mar or Mer, as they are sea-esque names that don''t remind me of much at the moment. BTW, FFX had a great deal to do with water and cycles, so I suspect that the use of the Tidus had a two prong meaning, even though people insist it''s read Teedus.
____________________________________________________________unofficial Necromancer of GameDev forums Game Writing section
Wow.... I feel really dumb, i wanted to have a oceananic feel to the name and forgot that was used in ffx!
Don''t feel dumb, believe me, I''ve done worse. I am trying to write a novel now, and durring one of the early chapters, I wanted to make a new character, who lived in the middle of the country, named Dorothy (a totaly random name, trust me) and asked my mom what state was in the middle of the country. Of course, it''s Kansas. I thought the Wizard of Oz refrence was too much, unless of course I included a todo, so I changed the name. Alright, only somewhat similar, but my point is, you shouldn''t feel dumb, just a little foolish . Good luck revamping, I really hate it when I have to do that, so I know how you feel. It''s even worse, though, to try and make a game based on one of your favorite books, only to find the author absolutely doesn''t want anything to be made based on his books. I felt really stupid for not asking first. Oh, well.

Official Necromancer of GameDev forums Game Writing section
____________________________________________________________unofficial Necromancer of GameDev forums Game Writing section
Well, what''s going on? I''m going to give this a bump, but just one. Good luck revamping your story.

official Necromancer of GameDev forums Game Writing section

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement