🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

GDC game contest!!

Started by
1 comment, last by Doctor Gonzo 23 years, 10 months ago
Hey everyone! I just want to ask if anyone out there is entering the GDC game contest. My team is thinking of entering our game, but we are intimidated by all these glossy 3d games. We just have a humble 2d game that has great gameplay and actually does have an awesome hi-tech engine as far as 2d games go. I saw some pictures of some of the games that won and they look beautiful. We on the other hand had no real artisits and had to scanvage everything. The game does look pretty good though. Not too shabby. I''m just wondering if one of you were out there, what do you think counts *more* for a game, great art or great gameplay. I think I know the true answer for this as I''ve been playing games since I was born, but I''m afraid graphics and 3d games are more of the things people are looking for in a game nowadays. Anyway, goodluck to everyone entering the contest!
A man on the move, and just sick enough to be totally confident.Damn Right!
Advertisement
I''m not one to speak because i''ve got a pretty good computer setup with 3D and Awe64 etc etc and the game that i play the most is one my Commodore 64 emulator called M.U.L.E .

quote:
I think I know the true answer

Yes, you do

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
''Could''ve changed the last time I checked, but isn''t there a special category for "Best Design."

Not that publishers know what that is, of course, but just wondering...

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement