🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why is it no one seems to care about sound?

Started by
1 comment, last by Imperitus 23 years, 9 months ago
Okay I know it''s not true, but from the looks of the help wanted section it seems if you''re not a programer or an graphics type no one needs ya or wants your help on their projects... what gives? From my last post I gather that companies understand the need for high quality sound. Heck the background sounds in diablo 1 had my neck hair standing on end. Is it just that most of the people doing projects on a smaller scale assume audio will be delt with later?
Advertisement
I don''t know... im working on a small project myself with a friend, a Migth and Magic II clone ( not the heroes series ), such a game does not need an impressive sound library, but the reason I am looking at this forum is that I realised that I did not know how to create/find sounds for the game... I guess I was to focused on programming and art... But your right sound is important. In many small project it can SOMETIMES suck
WHO DO THEYTHINK THEY'REFOOLING : YOU ?
Funny...In the Game Design forum we''re having the same sort of discussion about writing being important in games.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement