🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My Master Plan

Started by
16 comments, last by Landfish 23 years, 9 months ago
Well, a small part of it anyway. Let me tell you guys something about what I hope to accomplish in this forum. Many of you are familiar with my belief that we''ve only scratched the surface of the possible techniques that exist for making things like divergent plotlines and ambient literary environments. I want us to try and make some of those guidelines. We should provoke each other with the same kind of energy that''s been crackling in these forums for the past few months... we should endeavor to forge some new rules for this new medium. Of course you can post prose samples here, and look for a critique. Of course we can talk about the best way to implement current RPG structure for writers... But that stuff doesn''t interest me as much as the possibility to contributing something fantastically important to the game community. If you see something good here, by all means type it up as a dissertation and repost it to the site, or better yet, for public consumption on your own site (with individual author permission of course...) Let''s see if all us independants can''t screw with the gaming industry, hardcore... ====== "The unexamined life is not worth living." -Socrates "Question everything. Especially Landfish." -Matt
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Advertisement
Maybe you should include improving your art in your master plan...

(oh how I wish I had the infamous landfish picture to humiliate you with)

Newaz, good luck with the forum... you''ll need it. At least your not incharge of the Linux one, god I feel sorry for that sucker. Having to put up with the constant flamewars. He must be a complete idio... oh, wait.... D''OH!

http://www.thisisnurgle.org.uk

"Nazrix is cool" Nazrix first, then Darkmage, then Nazrix again

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

Well, it''s not the most infamous, but...

Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
There will be plenty of Professionally rendered Landfish art on my Website (that''s why it''s taking so long...) but rest assured, the Landfish is still stomach-turningly ugly, but kinda cute at the same time...
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
We don''t want professionally rendered...we want grotesque and simplistic
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
How ''bout both?!
I don''t understand what you guys think is wrong with the above pic ?
I mean, it''s strong, simple, slick design. Just class...
very much trendy web design actually.

But I guess we should be discussing this in the Game Art forum ?

-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
My artist thanks you ahw. But there was an old pic of the Landfish that was much uglier, I thik that''s what he''s on about. nes8bit has a copy, I think.
The handdrawn one ??? yeah, definitely looked *too* amateur
There is professionaly amateur, and amateurish amateur

Personally I really like the one above, of course, it is funny, but hey, you can''t be serious all the time can you ?
-----------------------------Sancte Isidore ora pro nobis !
I like that leggy fish too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement