🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Playing Midi Files

Started by
3 comments, last by ByteBlaster256 23 years, 9 months ago
Does anyone know a simple, cheap, and easy way to play midi files from Visual Basic 5.0? I would hate to have to change them over to *.wav files so I could use the PlaySound API function. It doesn't seem to work with *.mid files. Any ideas? Edited by - ByteBlaster256 on 9/27/00 11:53:28 AM
-----------------------------C++ is great, but when is B-coming out?
Advertisement
You can use DirectMusic in DirectX 7. It plays MIDI pretty well. You can also use MCI command strings, but I never had much luck with them, because when I would try to loop the MIDI, there would be a small but annoying skip in the playback.
--Ben CarterRomans 8:38-39
i know it''s possible ''cause some people in one of the vb classes at my HS did it (and they weren''t that advanced) keep looking, it''s in there somewhere, i''ll tell you if i find any information

-mike
Here you''ll find pretty much everything you might need.

Runemaster now working on Acronia : Secrets of Magic
Join the Game Developers RuneRing !
The Specular Lightosis Research Fund
This is a message from God: "Rebooting the universe, please log off."
-----Jonas Kyratzes - writer, filmmaker, game designerPress ALT + F4 to see the special admin page.
Hey,
I think that I''ll use DirectMusic. I''ve already got DirectX 7.0 sdk on my computer, and I didn''t even know about DirectMusic.

Thanks, everyone!
-----------------------------C++ is great, but when is B-coming out?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement