Advertisement

half life 2?

Started by September 02, 2005 06:25 AM
4 comments, last by ErUs 19 years ago
I was wondering if it would be alright to use hammer for creating levels (i'm not sure if i could but was thinkin of looking at the file format etc). If I could implement an importer would i be aloud to use the textures/models that come with half life? I think the anser is a definate no but it's not like i'm selling this or anything. I am half drunk here lol but it seemed a good idea at the time!
I'm pretty sure that the license for Hammer forbids you from creating content for engines other than Source, but if you check it and that turns out not to be the case, using it should be fine.

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

Advertisement
So I might be able to use it to create maps but i'm guessing that there's a definate no against using thier textures and models i?
I wouldn't even use it for that. Why not use something like Deled?
Quote: Original post by JinJo
So I might be able to use it to create maps
...if their license says you can...
Quote: but i'm guessing that there's a definate no against using thier textures and models i?
Correct, that's definitely not allowed. Valve permit use of their textures and models only for games that are running on Source (i.e. mods).

Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse

valve released the loads of info about the file format for there models, but im not sure about the hl2 bsp.
-www.freewebs.com/tm1rbrt -> check out my gameboy emulator ( worklog updated regularly )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement