🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

MIDAS111 problems

Started by
1 comment, last by EEPROM 23 years, 2 months ago
I''ve read a post on a topic in this sound&music section talking about MIDAS Sound System and some others. I imediatly went to www.programmersheaven.com and downloaded the MIDAS111 Sound System. I''ve read the documentatio about it but I can''t get it to work. I added MIDAS to a old Fire animation running in Fullscreen DirectDraw but when I run the proggy it hangs. It does nothing. It seems that one of MIDAS functions hangs and all the systems hangs with it. If someone of you know how to use MIDAS with DirectSound, please post a example code for me to see how to do it right. "Simple is beautiful"
"Simple is beautiful"
Advertisement
YEAH!!! I managed to make this *thing* work. But there still is a problem. When my window lose the focus, the sound stops to play and my window hangs. If I try to bring the focus back to it, it doesn''t reacts.
I think that I must stop the sound befor my window lose his focus. But for that I need the WM_* message that Windows sends to my progg when it is about to lose the focus. Can anyone tell me the name of this message?

"Simple is beautiful"
"Simple is beautiful"
Yahoooo
I managed to do everything right!!!! IT WORKS!!!
Thanks for your invisible help guys! :p

"Simple is beautiful"
"Simple is beautiful"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement