Post Apocalyptic Fiction & Writing as an Evil Conscience

Started by
14 comments, last by AriZona96 13 years, 5 months ago
Thanks for the feedback. I found it interesting you perceived the virus as female, that's what I thought too. ^^
Advertisement
to get a good feel for a realistic post-apocalyptic world, read The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Quote: Original post by Synapse11
Well I think a bit of both really. The virus is like a skitzo to the max, it's focused on world domination and has different personalities that appear more as the game progresses it becomes quite vicious but also caring for the infected that bear it. So yeah it's quite the character I just don't know how I should best write it ^^

The virus sounds something like the symbiotes venom/carnage from the Marvel universe. If your not already getting ideas from them, perhaps you should look into how they've been developed and portrayed for ideas?
I agree with the above post about breakdown of institutions. Also even if this was not the case, when the narrator is closer to the player, the player gets a better sense of understanding and connectedness to your game. As for the virus side, before you can write narrations, you need to determine your narrator. Is it a smart zombie leader? Is it a general zombie communist-style chat where each has his voice? Or is it the virus itself? For example, if it is the virus itself, this means your virus is intelligent beyond any one zombie. In this case it would most likely express the need for "more drones" (zombies) or "fresh blood", as both of these are required to exist. It could also be malevolent to its creators who kept its effective 'body' small and contained. If it is a smart zombie leader it can hate us for the same reasons we hate it. It could view us as a inferior, disgusting(maybe), oppressive infestation that needs to be eradicated. If its more of a horde-style control, then again you resort back to the basics. Blood and brains, always need more, the more you get the more you need because the more mouths you have to feed. And thats just the three perspectives I offered you. First get clear on who is the leader/what is the leading force, and then start constructing what it says.
I know that this forum or topic has been left for a while... but i was once designing a Zombie RTS, but i decided to stop after i thought i would never make the game.

Although i still have the information on the game, including info on units, buildings, upgrades etc. If you ever see this and want the info, you can contact me on my email address 'quazgaar@live.com.au'.

I am still making games though.
I really want this thing to happen, and I also have no idea why I can even be bothered to post this, knowing that this thread has been dead for nearly 4 years

I still design or make theoretical layouts of games such as these, in the forms of RTS, FPS, RPG, MMORPG, mostly to do with zombies, but the odd terminator or just plain nuclear-holocaust version is there too. I have atleast 30 designs, and for the pure pointlessness of hope I'm going to say that the [email="quazgaar@live.com.au"]quazgaar@live.com.au[/email] email address is defunct, and the new one is [email="quazgarion@live.com.au"]quazgarion@live.com.au[/email].

I just hope someone sees this.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement