🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Inside Gas Powered Games with Kings & Castles

Started by
3 comments, last by JWalsh 14 years, 2 months ago
Hi All, Many people out there who are not yet in the industry would like an opportunity to see what goes on "behind the scenes" in a game company. Chris Taylor, CEO of Gas Powered Games (Dungeon Siege I & II, Demigod) has decided to deliver exactly that. In a new approach to game development, Chris and the team at GPG have decided to run a public video blog where they go behind the scenes, week-by-week, on the development of Kings & Castles - giving viewers the opportunity to watch as the (sometimes rough) development unfolds. The Kings & Castles Weblog isn't designed to be 100% serious, but is instead a mix of interviews, walkthroughs of the studio, and Chris just generally goofing around. In a talk last night Chris said things are going to start ramping up, however, and the web blogs will start to contain more of the juicy information. So if you're looking to get into the industry and want to see a sneak peek at what a game development office looks like, what the processes are, and what kinds of personalities exist, I encourage you to check out the Kings and Castles Blog. Cheers! Jeromy
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Advertisement
Thanks for posting this, great (hilarious) stuff! :)

I love the work GPG does
I was honestly expecting it to be pretty lame, but they make it look quite entertaining. It should be interesting to see them as they get further into the development cycle.
Blog post #10 is up and shows the textured, normal-mapped dragon unit in-game breathing fire, etc... Check out the Kings and Castles Blog
Jeromy Walsh
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Video blogs #11 and #12 are online. Check them out at the Kings and Castles Blog
Jeromy Walsh

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement