🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

music

Started by
3 comments, last by icecode 22 years, 9 months ago
has anyone got any tutorials on sound or music??? im getting pretty tired of this Playsound() function>. thanx in advance icecode
First solve the small bugs, then the big ones will get smaller...
Advertisement
I take it you have had a look at the GameDev.net articles section?

Try rephrasing your question. What kind of tutorial are you after?
If you''re using DirectX, you may want to look into DirectMusic and DirectSound. Otherwise, be more specific about your question.
ok, sorry guys.
I use OPENGL, Im workin on a shootemup and use Playsound for e.g. gunshots, painscreams and ammopickup. Playsound can play a wav but the only option is ASYNC or SYNC. I need a similar function in which I can choose the volume and maybe from which speaker the sound comes or whatever. playsound can only play one sound at a time, so when you fire and pick up ammo at the same time it can only play one. It may be a pretty stupid question but up to now I have never used any sound in my game.

thanx in advance
icecode
First solve the small bugs, then the big ones will get smaller...
Ahh, I see

To adjust balance (which speaker), volume, etc, as well as play multipul sounds and use hardware''s advanced sound functions, you will need to use DirectMusic or DirectSound.

Seeing you are using OpenGL, you may want to look into OpenAL, which is probably going to be alot eaiser for you than DS and DM.

Hope this answers your question

Resist Broken Links - andrewrussellstudios.4nx2.comI don''t believe it! Just Great!
Another server has gone!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement