🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Programmer Portfolio?

Started by
1 comment, last by yaustar 13 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys, I've read some articles on what to add in a game programmers portfolio. One thing I notice is some say to add a list of all the games you've played. Is that really a good idea? Do people really want to see a list of your played games or will you just look silly if you add this?

Also, does anyone know of a good game programmer portfolio guide? I tried looking around on this forum and some other sites.

Thanks. :lol:
Advertisement
All the games you've played? I have no idea how many A4 sheets of paper that would fill!
If you're doing a CV with a 'hobbies' section, then people sometimes list the games they're currently playing, or their favourite games, but not all of the ones you've ever played.

I usually just include a short listing of projects I've worked on, and one sample program demonstrating something specific to the job and well-written source code.
Here: http://leewinder.co.uk/blog/?cat=15

And listing games you have played, no I wouldn't suggest it be in a portfolio or even a CV.

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement