🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Ass kicking one liners

Started by
12 comments, last by pjeigh 13 years, 1 month ago
Hello,
I would need some duke nukem style one liners/catchphrases for our upcoming game. So please, if you got some to share, I would be most grateful!

So these are Duke Nukem ones:

I don't know if this is the right forum, I hope it is. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
TV Tropes should give some inspiration:
Catchprase
One-Liner
Kaam vit mich if you want to live
Is your game actually about Duke Nukem? Gamedev doesn't allow discussion of unauthorized fangames.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I think it was more a request for one-liners in a similar style.

Yap, that's it.

Game is not about duke nukem, it's just the similiar style character, thats why the comparison.

[quote name='kdmiller3' timestamp='1303528861' post='4801830']

Yap, that's it.

Game is not about duke nukem, it's just the similiar style character, thats why the comparison.
[/quote]

Ok, no problem then. :)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

It would help if we knew what your game was about! It's hard to think of context free, general purpose, one-liners. One liners work because they are clever puns that comment on the current situation.
I agree. What is it about? Setting? What is he fighting?
Agreed. Although many one-liners are irrelevant to theme and setting, the best ones are very relative to it.

"Ouch, right in the tentacles!" wouldn't work unless you've got a giant alien octopus character, for a lame example. :P

In the case of Duke Nukem, they ripped off the epic Evil Dead movie series a fair bit for their one-liners. You might consider similar inspirations. The Boondock Saints also comes to mind for a good source of inspiration.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement