🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Ass kicking one liners

Started by
12 comments, last by pjeigh 13 years, 1 month ago

Agreed. Although many one-liners are irrelevant to theme and setting, the best ones are very relative to it.

"Ouch, right in the tentacles!" wouldn't work unless you've got a giant alien octopus character, for a lame example. :P

In the case of Duke Nukem, they ripped off the epic Evil Dead movie series a fair bit for their one-liners. You might consider similar inspirations. The Boondock Saints also comes to mind for a good source of inspiration.

I would provide some of the Boondock quotes, but well... I don't want to swear here unless I really have to.
Advertisement
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I came up with some one-liners, and now I am in need of a good character name like for instance Duke Nukem, Max Payne, Will Rock, Serious Sam... That sort of thing.

If anyone has a good one, it would be great to share!

The guy fights all kinds of monsters, mostly undead/zombies. It's classical action hero story, he is awesome and everything. :)
I'll refer you to the following...

http://xkcd.com/813/
Uziel was defeated by Tiny Mandragora.
A few (lame) alliterative game character names (I came up with in 2 mins):

Doods:

Bangarang Bob
Alex X. Plosion
Mortie Mortar(s)
Dynamite Mike
Fletch Wrecker
Slash N. Hack
Blade McGovern