🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Maybe a Contest?

Started by
3 comments, last by TechnoGoth 12 years, 9 months ago
It's been quite a long time since we've had some sort of contest in this forum. I'm not sure we still have enough population to support one, but actually anything involving voting is probably the best way to find out how many active writing forum members there are. BTW there would not be a physical or monetary prize, the rewards would be the votes themselves (popularity/praise) and getting others' comments on your entry.

So is anyone interested? I am thinking "write a quest including all dialogue and help text" might be a decent topic for a contest, but I'd be happy to hear other suggestions. The last time we had a contest (2005 lol) the first round's topic was a cinematic introduction to a game, with the writers required to incorporate a key phrase. The second round's topic was a profile for a character which had to fit into the same game design as the winning entry of round one. Third round was intended to be a plot summary of the game, I don't think anyone entered that round though.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement

I'm interested, although writing a cinematic introduction or a character profile does seem like a lot more fun.

I'd gladly participate in the contest.
I'd be up for a writing contest, whatever the topic ends up being.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

I'll do whatever. I have no input regarding contest specifications.
I'm all for another contest

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement