🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Game Composer

Started by
4 comments, last by reploid 22 years, 8 months ago
Hello, As a composer for video games, I''d like to offer my services to any developers looking for outstanding, emotional music to enhance their game. I go to great lengths to understand what your game needs and employ the latest in studio technology to provide it. As a composer dedicated to elevating the level of gaming, I can offer the individual attention and care that your project deserves. You can hear examples of my work and get more information about myself on my website at www.FalconeStudios.com . Check out my music and let me know what you think. I''d love to hear any feedback you may have. Thanks. Michael Falcone MikeFalcone@FalconeStudios.com
Advertisement
I really like the music, but what does Ki Na tsu ne tsu he tsu mean?

-Jason
Thanks for the positive feedback!

Actually, the Japanese characters on the site don''t have any particular meaning.

Michael Falcone
MikeFalcone@FalconeStudios.com
Nice weabsite... nice....
"Man has got to know... his limitations..."
Advanced stuff. But since I'm a sound fanatic, I can give you some constructive feedback.

Heavy machinery - it has 192bps but it could be encoded at 128bps because it's too mono (I know newer tracks do not suffer from lack of stereo but I had to mention it just in case you still have the source somewhere. Someone could download it as a first track (like me) and might get a bad impression) The distorted guitar (is it Pod?) should be recorded separately for left and right channel. Cymbals are perfect but other drums suck. I'd consider using samples instead.

Prepare thyself - the piati cymbal (or what is it) has too many high frequencies and don't sound like a real percussion anymore. The female voc is excellent.

Resurgence of peace - the flute must be out of tune and maybe even the oboe. It's hard to say with all the vibrato. Maybe I'm wrong but look at it anyway please.

All music is generally very background-like, that's good. But it may be worth trying to put some majestic melody in some parts. Diablo2 had similar kind of music - cool sounding, awesomely worked out but not since there were almost no melodic parts, it was boring for most of the time (one of the exceptions which proves what I was talking about is jungle track). Even 40 seconds can make the whole 5 min. tune more interesting.

EDIT: Forgot to say: The talking about background doesn't count in electrolyte which is what I call a perfect work. Don't you have a longer version?

Edited by - Claymore on October 29, 2001 7:56:06 PM
-Claymore-
Claymore,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. I did those songs you mentioned a while back and my newer material is much better and more polished. I''ll look into the tuning of my samples.

To answer your questions, yes that''s the POD distortion on Heavy Machinery. I don''t have a longer version of Electrolyte because I only did it as a short demonstration of that type of music.

Thanks again.

Michael Falcone
MikeFalcone@FalconeStudios.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement