🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What would you like to see in a open world life sim rpg?

Started by
3 comments, last by Cobaia 8 years, 5 months ago
I have some features that I'm planning but I'd like to know what people would want in the game, for example what jobs/careers, what activities and places to visit etc and just any features. Keep in mind it will be 2d which may limit it slightly.
Advertisement

Feature:
Be given the opportunity to chose. For instance, in the supermarket you can chose to pay, steal or break an item. If you can recreate this it would make it a better life sim.

Jobs/Careers:

You may build like a class system, where the career path would evolved based on decisions made by the player.
Activities:
Now days Life Simulators will benefit from freedom. Basically if anything in the game is made available for the player to interacted with the game will benefit, tie that to an experience system and you don't even have to show the character making the activity, just show a cut scene and then reward the player. I think people would like that.

Hope It was helpful.

I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

I don't normally play life simulators because they just simulate the boring day to day monotony that real life has.

If you made a life simulator where you can simulate the things you can't do in real life, it might be more interesting... and also more difficult to implement...

Feature:
Be given the opportunity to chose. For instance, in the supermarket you can chose to pay, steal or break an item. If you can recreate this it would make it a better life sim.
Jobs/Careers:
You may build like a class system, where the career path would evolved based on decisions made by the player.
Activities:
Now days Life Simulators will benefit from freedom. Basically if anything in the game is made available for the player to interacted with the game will benefit, tie that to an experience system and you don't even have to show the character making the activity, just show a cut scene and then reward the player. I think people would like that.

Hope It was helpful.

The option to steal etc will be in the game. For careers I was sort of looking for a list of what people would like to see lol.

The option to steal etc will be in the game. For careers I was sort of looking for a list of what people would like to see lol.

Well any job offer site will give you a list of those :P After that just make a poll I guess :P

I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement