🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Buzzopoly Theme (Big band with vocals)

Started by
0 comments, last by shoxart 8 years ago

Buzzopoly features some of the big band music I composed while working at Beecave Games.

In my opinion, creating big band music with virtual instruments is extremely hard. Part of this is due to the large amount of inflections and articulations big band music requires. Another aspect is trying to create the interplay and give-and-take that live jazz ensembles do while performing. The rhythm section is responding to each other while also responding to the ensemble or solo player. Likewise, the brass and wind instruments are responding to each other as well as the rhythm section. It’s a very organic and fluid thing! To try and create that when being just one person working with 90% virtual instruments can be quite challenging. It can also be quite fun! To be honest, I’m not crazy about my singing voice – never have been. But it gets the job done and it was what I had to work with considering the budget and schedule constraints.

All music and vocals are by me. Final mix and mastering were done by Beecave Games audio director, Greg Allen. I hope you enjoy it! Feedback, as usual, is always appreciated and welcomed. Thanks!

- Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Advertisement

This is really good, no cons here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement