🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Using DevC++, need to know about PlaySound()

Started by
0 comments, last by TDTHoper 22 years, 7 months ago
I''m using Dev-C++, and need to use some .wav''s for a really simple program(my kids giggling--I know, it''s silly, but I figured what a good way to start to learn to use sound in a pgrm). Anyhow, the tutorial from gametutorials.com basically wasn''t help. I saw a libwinmm.a and a winmm.def file, but nothing else to use, or the SND_FILENAME and the SND_ASYNC part become errors which I didn''t assign to the default int....ugh Well, thank you very much in advance for any and all help and info! Bye!
Advertisement
Hehe....

I looked thru the mm headers and found what i needed. But, is there anyway around using this for some simple inclusion at a beginner level of sound files within a prgm?

#include windows.h
#include mmsystem.h

and I linked libwinmm.a to the project.

(I left out my <> because the bb doesn't allow them to be seen)

***You must declare windows.h header before the mmsystem.h header or else this does not work....once again, I would appreciate any help or suggestions as to include this format of sound in any easier way.

Bye!

Edited by - TDTHoper on November 29, 2001 3:07:55 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement