🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

This is how to search Google for VS and not VS Code

Started by
1 comment, last by Shaarigan 3 years, 5 months ago

FFS, why did they name Visual Studio Code that way? It's near impossible to Google info on what you need for Visual Studio without having to look at all the search results for Code. I like Code but I don't want to see those false hits when I'm just looking for Visual Studio information.

Anyway, here is how to get rid of the BS if you just want VS and not Code.

-"visual studio code" -"vscode" "visual studio"

Put that in Google before (or after) any Visual Studio keywords you want to search for. It's simple really but some people don't know you can ‘unsearch’ with the - sign and lots of people don't know you can use that with quotes.

And of course you can't just -code because a HUGE number of legit hits contain ‘code’.

They really need to rename Visual Studio Code to something that doesn't contain either ‘visual’ or ‘studio’. Somebody needs to be fired for naming it that way. I'll volunteer to fire the responsible party. PM me Microsoft.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

Advertisement

I'm always looking for a specific VS version like 2019 without getting false positives

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement