🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Is it possible to get a game diploma/degree through remote study?

Started by
12 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 year, 6 months ago

When we was 11 year olds, we were genuinely wondering what kind of diploma we must get to be able to drive in the Formula 1.

Advertisement

It was funny, but I was looking for a serious answer. So no then. Got it. Anyway, unfortunately for me I cannot afford in person study and even if I could, I would have to move somewhere else just to get more opportunities. I live way far out near the coastline. Plus, it would take at least 3 to 5 years to get anywhere and even if I was taught something substantial, I wouldn't necessarily be prepared for the competition in the marketplace.

At this rate I'm better off just skipping all this bureaucracy and teaching myself. Will it make it harder for me to be hired? Perhaps, but I could also make my own games and do other jobs on the side when I'm just starting out. So, is it really that impossible to get even a diploma or any sort of qualifications whatsoever remotely?

Find a quick course in C (probably an online teacher will be enough), then do the old nehe opengl tutorials. Try putting together simple games, such as snake and such, try doing more and more complicated stuff. Once you reach this point, you will precisely know how to continue your research.

This 4-month-old thread is locked due to necro and troll activity.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement