🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Free (legal) sounds

Started by
1 comment, last by alien3853 22 years, 6 months ago
Hiyas, I''ve nearly finished making a freeware game. I tried making my own sounds for the game, but they sucked. Banging a mic on a desk does NOT produce a decent gun ''bang'' sound, even after trying to edit it. =) I''m considering buying some sound library CDs, but I''d prefer to just use some WAV files. Why? The only place I know of where I could buy sound library CDs is from Amazon. It''d take a couple of weeks to ship here (to Australia), and I''m on a tight schedule - I simply cannot wait. Does anyone know where I can download some free warfare sounds (guns, explosions, rocket launchers, and maybe loopable rain/fire sounds as well), or does anyone have any sounds they personally created which I could possibly please use (free of charge)? =) I''ve found a few sites with good quality sounds, but I''ve got the feeling they''re been ripped from movies/games, and I don''t want to be busted for violating copyright even though my game is freeware. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
check out http://www.stonewashed.net/sfx.html !
You want gunshots? If you''re looking for specific types, I''d try partnersinrhyme.com. They have links to Uzis, 9mm pistols, etc.
Sqeek.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement