🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Having trouble choosing a game engine

Started by
2 comments, last by Tom Sloper 1 week, 1 day ago

For context I've got no programming experience and hope to create a basic 2D game with a few minigames and puzzles for the player to solve. I'm also on a time crunch and have got a limited amount of time that I can dedicate to learning the software. Also it's worth mentioning that this is for a school project

So far these are my options:

GDevelop (no-code)
Godot (code)
Construct 4(no code)
Unreal engine (code)

-Thanks

Advertisement

Being a school project, I can't say much about it, as that defeats the goal of the assignment.

Aside from that, I am not sure what you expect us to say. Of course I can pick one from your list, or pick one not on your list. However, I don't know you, I don't know what your experiences are in this area nor do I know your ideas or preferences. Thus I have no information to select one that would fit for you.

Thus, I think the best person to make this decision is you.

Since your current problem is picking the software package, find a way to make this decision. What do you need to have to decide, how to you obtain that?

If you get stuck, maybe ask your teacher about it?

acron said:
this is for a school project

Thread locked. @acron , talk to your professor and/or your fellow students. We don't help with homework assignments here.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement