🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Bacteria Bob Story Line

Started by
1 comment, last by giant 22 years, 5 months ago
Hello. For a while now, I have been writing games, that have no story. Games like pong, tetris, breakout, etc.... I have also written a basic 3d engine and raycaster, in Dos C++. I reciently moved onto directX, and have decided that rather then just write boring stuff, I was actually going to write a game, with a story and a goal. As this is my first directX project, I am not going to go straight for 3d, but have instead decided to write a side scroller. I have some of the engine complete, and have been thinking of a game, that will compliment this engine. Mario must be one of the most famous side scrollers of all time, so to avoid having the same type of experience, I made a really bizarr, wierd storyline and here it is. The game is called Bacteria Bob, and it goes as follows. Instead of having the usual, princess being kidnaped, or saving a planet, you are a bacteria, and the ultimate aim of the game is to infect Ciaran (Thats me) with a very bad disease and kill him. So far there are only 6 levels which range form the sewers/toilet bole, kitchen table, my arm, and into a open wound, through my veins. Into my heart and into my brain where you kill me. I have not developed the details yet, so I will leave it at that. When the game starts Bob is only a blob of gue. The only thing he can do is jump left and right, and land on things to knonk them out. Not a very menacing guy!!!! To add some challange to the player, there is a virus gene hiden on each level which helps Bob evolve. Bob can get genes to, shoot disease at the baddies, (or considering bob is the badies, they are probably the goodies like anti-bodies and medicine), can fly, can have streachy arms so that he can reach high up platforms etc.... Depending on how many of these you collect, bob can evolve in different ways. Edventually when you get to the end, you attack my body, and hopefully for you and not for me, I die. Thats about it. I am not trying to write a hit game here, just something that will be fun and entertaining, and give me freedom of imagination. I have the help of a great artist, so that will ease the game a lot, and remove my crappy programmers art. I would just like to know if you like the idea. Would you get a laugh form playing it, and does it add a new twist to side scrollers. Cheers Giant "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I''m not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein
Advertisement
As a fan of non-generic games, I love it!

Good luck and I hope it it becomes huge! =)

~Dwarf

PS
I, too, am writing a non-generic game. It''s adventure though. If you want to know, it''s about you being a white house employee who lets out the presidential dog (who gets lost). The CIA thinks he''s been kidnapped, and you have to go find him before the next day (when they start questioning people). Anyway, just wanted to say that you aren''t the only true designer out there. =)

True designer. N. One who does not design games that are comparable or related to any other game in their general category.[i/] In short, NON-GENERIC GAMES will soon DOMINATE THE MARKET!

(Okay, I went overboard...)
----------[Development Journal]
Thanks. Glad that you link the idea. I wanted it to be different so that people would thing "huhhh Thats strange, I''ll have to give that a try". I hope it works out, cause I would be really glad, to have designed what I think is a good game, on my first go ever.

Giant

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I''m not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement