🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sound FX

Started by
2 comments, last by Sailorstick 22 years, 3 months ago
I am writing a free-ware turn based strategy game. I am looking for sound effects like swords clashing when an attack is made. As the game I''m making is freeware I can''t really afford to pay for the sounds. Does anyone have links to pages with free sound FX? (Actually if anyone has links to tile square graphics that would be appreciated too, the tiles that I made myself are "functional" but nothing more.)
Advertisement
I have no idea about free sound banks, but I usualy say to people in your situation that you are best off to record your own (get a cheep mic if you don''t have one). Perhaps some metal poles or other stuff you find lying around can suffice for swoads Then try adding any effects nessary.

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Refrence | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

search the net, you''ll find lots of great sounds for free, or alternatively, be cheeky and take some you like from another game, modify them and use them, after all, a) your not looking to make a profit, and b) the finished sound is technically yours

take it easy!

Purple Hamster
Helped and be helped!
David J Franco__________________________visit www.davidjfranco.com
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will give it a go.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement