🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

OpenAL

Started by
5 comments, last by MindCode 22 years, 2 months ago
Does anyone know what''s going on at www.openal.org? I''ve been trying for awhile to download dll''s and header but the links are broken. Does anyone know of another place I can get them?
That's just my understanding; I could be wrong.
Advertisement
The ''new'' official download location is developer.creative.com. I''m not sure why they haven''t fixed openal.com to redirect or something yet.

Thanx!

Do you know anything about it''s "platform independancy". I''m looking at sample code and it riddled with:

#ifdef __linux
// linux code
#else
// windows code
#endif

doesn''t seem so platform independant to me.
Ignore that kind of stuff (I know which example you''re looking at ). I''ve been using OpenAL for a long while, and you shouldn''t need anything like that. You can probably find a better example if you look for one.

Thanx again dude. I''ve been searching for examples for awhile now. They seem fairly limited. Is there some kind of glossary, like a list of functions explaining what each does or something?
Try this. I had to go through that a lot when I wanted to do streaming audio with OpenAL (which does it in a really weird, but nice, manner, so it''s hard to find information on it), so I''ve grown pretty accustomed to it .

quote: Original post by Null and Void
The ''new'' official download location is developer.creative.com. I''m not sure why they haven''t fixed openal.com to redirect or something yet.

OpenAL Rocks~!~!~! I kept looking up www.openAL.org and was never able to get it to run. Now it works like a charm. Thanks a bunch!

2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS
2001 AMD Athlon 900 Thunbird
2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS2002 AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Thunderbird

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement