🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Music for Strategy Game?

Started by
3 comments, last by scallaway 22 years, 1 month ago
What songs would be could for a turn-based or real-time strategy game? I have already written a few, but am looking for others. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any suggestions. Sean Callaway smcallaway@hotmail.com
Sean CallawayLead Programmer,Oblivion GameWorks"I tried once, and I failed. The point is: never try."
Advertisement
I''ve always thought a good classical waltz fits that genre of gaming quite well. I have written a few waltzes I enjoy listening to. It initiates the perfect mind set going into the game and offers tranquility and focus.

-David R. Clark
www.megalithmusic.com
What genre of strategy is it, HOMM era, C&C era, what. Because a good classical waltz in the middle of a tank battle could be rather disturbing. Si??

Fly my Pretties, FLY!!!
Ooops, the ones with the WINGS fly, not the ones with oxygen tanks.
Fly my Pretties, FLY!!!Ooops, the ones with the WINGS fly, not the ones with oxygen tanks.
Its a WWII/Korea era strategy game.

Sean Callaway
Lead Programmer,
Oblivion GameWorks

"I tried once, and I failed. The point is: never try."
Sean CallawayLead Programmer,Oblivion GameWorks"I tried once, and I failed. The point is: never try."
What Bob says is true, let me add to that. I should be more specific, what I like to hear is thinking man''s music, like a waltz, while I''m planning a strategy...THEN when battle ensues, bring on the uptempo war march to help initiate the feeling of urgency and excitement associated with the action. If timed right, it works pretty well. Sound right? pun intended.

David R. Clark
www.megalithmusic.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement