🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Let Me Know What You Think...

Started by
6 comments, last by cantusadytum 22 years ago
I've been writing music for about 6 years now, (4 solo - 2 full arrangement) with no professional training, and I was just wondering what people thought about the way I wrote music. There are currently seven songs on this page you can download and listen to. Oh, keep in mind, the first song on the page doesn't work...the other ones do though. Just email or reply on this page and tell me what you think: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~honeybeez77/df/music.htm To be perfectly honest (good thing), I'd really like to get into soundtrack writing for movies, but I don't really think I have a good shot at it. Just let me know what you think of my music I would eternally grateful. CDoT! www.xeifer.ohgo.com (company website) www.deniquefatum.ohgo.com (our game's website) www.softdev.ohgo.com (our game development website) [edited by - cantusadytum on June 2, 2002 3:46:25 AM] [edited by - cantusadytum on June 2, 2002 3:46:47 AM]
CDoT!www.xeifer.ohgo.com (company website)www.deniquefatum.ohgo.com (our game's website)www.softdev.ohgo.com (our game development website)
Advertisement
I listened to three of your pieces and thought that they sounded very nice.
I liked the opening chords of ''The Price of War 2''... and, the arrangement/feel of ''Sailing to the Shore''
They all had a similar feel to them... I guess very relaxing/mellow.

I''ve only been writing music for games for a little while. So far, most people ask me to write something tense or dark, or something that gives a feeling of action/adventure. (I''m not saying that you should do that - just commenting).
Thoughts That Dwell is nice (Esp. if it''s an original you wrote). Good piano beat that certainly fits the title.

Downloading Price of War (Part 2) now...
Hey, do you do requests? :D
Some custom music for my StarCraft campaign would be sweet.

*Listening* Very nice. In fact, this''d suit the end of a campaign of mine. The war is over- I was using the ending form Metal Gear Solid, or Gladiator OST ''Honour Him''. Is this music free to use with sufficient credit?

Not sure what to say. Great music, honestly. :D
Mkay...

listening to Song "A"... I was actually expecting something like Blur''s Song 2 - probably because of the title. Nice, though not overwhelming, and certainly not as good as The Price of War 2. I personally would give the timpani a wee bit more strength and depth, but so far it''s ok.

A strong hooray for Thoughts That Dwell for - I totally agree with SA-Magic - it is really nice! Reminded me of the American Beauty OST at the beginning... I''ve been playing piano non-academically for six years now and I''d say there aren''t that many slow non-classical (I wouldn''t call this classical) pieces that live up to well, at least my expectations. The progression of chords could''ve been a little bit longer, though...

To be perfectly honest (good thing), I''d really like to get into
soundtrack writing for movies, but I don''t really think I have
a good shot at it. Just let me know what you think of my music
I would eternally grateful.

Define professional training. Release 3 or 4 successful albums or become a successful composer/conductor and you''re there. PS - it isn''t the orchestration or arrangement that matters - it is the catchiness of the tune and how deep into your brain it gets that matters...

Crispy
"Literally, it means that Bob is everything you can think of, but not dead; i.e., Bob is a purple-spotted, yellow-striped bumblebee/dragon/pterodactyl hybrid with a voracious addiction to Twix candy bars, but not dead."- kSquared
Hey thank you everybody!

I do write for other people, and would like to do so to add to
my resume...which stands at nothing by works for my own creations
right now. Just e-mail me with some details about what you need
let me get some ideas and i''ll write. I have several military
type songs that i''ve done, but none of them live up to the
quality to ''The Price of War'', but I think they do their job
well. I''m still experementing with several different types of
music styles and formats. If you need someone to write...
remember me!

CDoT!

www.xeifer.ohgo.com (company website)
www.deniquefatum.ohgo.com (our game''s website)
www.softdev.ohgo.com (our game development website)
CDoT!www.xeifer.ohgo.com (company website)www.deniquefatum.ohgo.com (our game's website)www.softdev.ohgo.com (our game development website)
I''m pressed by the quality of the samples. What software / sample format are you using?

// Kanzetsu
// Kanzetsu
I can''t say much, since it would be giving my secrets away, but...
I use a simple SoundBlaster Live! soundcard and I use a very
simple notation editor called ''Noteworthy Composer''. The samples,
most of them are found from free sites around the net, and some
are made by me. You just have to know where to look, (HammerSound).

On the note about the music, if it''s all original written by
me, yes, I''ve written all of the songs from my own ideas and
ventures, including the piano song, I plan to upload more, once
I get more space...BTW...

Does anyone know how I would go about finding out how to contract
and orchestra?...

On the note of professional training, I''ve not been to collage. I
am 18 years old, and have been writing since I was about 12, seems
along time ago now that i think about...sad...anyways, I am going
to be releasing my first CD in about 2-3 months, entitled "Deep Sleep".
It''s music from one of my gaming projects called "Denique Fatum".
It''s just selected tracks from the CD reworked to sound less
''gamey''...if you will...lol.

CDoT!

www.xeifer.ohgo.com (company website)
www.deniquefatum.ohgo.com (our game''s website)
www.softdev.ohgo.com (our game development website)
very nice.......
After all is said and done, a hell lot of a lot more is said than done.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement