🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

which site u use for downloading mp3?

Started by
7 comments, last by tracytrull 22 years ago
which is the best site for downloading mp3?
Advertisement
www.mp3.com

They are legal.
Unlike what you are most likely looking for.
It's only funny 'till someone gets hurt.And then it's just hilarious.Unless it's you.
Hey, Keith are they legal to use in a game, because of downloaded some but don''t know if I can use them.
So what if I'm 13, I can still code better than like 95% of Americans, and probably 99.9% of the people in the world. Whoa, I feel proud.
The songs are owned by their respective artists. Use the contact information on the artists page to ask for their permission (In order to legally use it in your product). Be sure to indicate if your game is commercial (anything where you make money), freeware (No money is ever asked for) or a contest entry. Some artists already have information already posted on their page regarding use (some forbid it, some allow it for non-commercial use)
www.winmx.com
try searching for music that is royalty free. some may be mp3, some might be in midi (which can be converted to mp3 if desired using a high quality sample set and software wavetable). mod is another good format. again, you must always get permission from the original artist.
well done on the legality, folkes .

I''d agree, mp3.com is your best bet. Just make sure you ask permision before using it. Also, if you want to publish, chances are your publisher will need writen permision (they will probably provide a release contract).

Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ANDREW RUSSELL STUDIOS
Cool Links :: [ GD | TG | MS | NeHe | PA | SA | M&S | TA ]
Got Clue? :: [ Start Here! | Google | MSDN | GameDev.net Refrence | OGL v D3D | File Formats | Go FAQ yourself ]

Thanks a lot
Once again, I see people using this as a bulletin board to put musos and composers out of work and experience....
Why do you folks want something for nothing??? Why not try tolearn about how game developers profesisonally work with composers? There is no doubt a composer of some sort living on YOUR block, wishing he could find an avenue to get his music heard, and instead of tapping into that, you people are looking for poorly matching, ill suited generic nasty copyright free music!! You wont get exactly what youre after, you will have to wade through legalities to make sure its all above board, and you wont learn anything about how to work with other types of creatives.
Try taking the more professional route! Find a composer and make their day! Im sure you will find someone who understands that projects often work with limited budgets and payment can be in barter/exchange of services, or delayed or maybe reduced, whatever! Just give it a go instead of sitting at home browsing for free stuff! Nothing in life is free!!
PLEASE! Think of the industry''s benefits and your benefits and do it the slightly more difficult way, and everyone will reap the rewards!

Kind Regards,
Brent
Sound Designer/Engineer
www.mountainsound.com.au
Kind Regards,BrentSound Designer/Engineerwww.mountainsound.com.au

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement