🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

audio engines

Started by
2 comments, last by M Hemant 22 years ago
dear friends i want to make my own player... i want to ask is how to use audio engine along with my independent application to get the output.... pl do help me asap. m hemant
m hemant
Advertisement
The question is probably way too vague to get the answer that you are looking for, so you will need to flesh it out a bit.
quote: i want to make my own player...
What, along the lines of Winamp, or do you mean an audio engine in your game? What formats do you want to play? WAV, mp3, WMA, Ogg, MOD .... ? What platform are you building for?
quote: i want to ask is how to use audio engine along with my independent application to get the output....

Depends on what engine you want to use. Do you want to use a third-party all in one engine like FMod that pretty much does it all for you, a thin API wrapper like PortAudio or 'roll your own' and use DirectSound?

That little lot way probably of very little help, so if you give us a bit more context we will be able to provide a more specific answer!

[edited by - Colin Barry on June 12, 2002 4:18:43 AM]
i will wxplain
i want to develop in vc++ environment using SDKin Windows
it wil play .wav,.mp3,for the time being
and i want to use BASS as a audio engine...
i am doing as a mini project for our semester(3 months)durations

no replies from anybody
by mistake it was posted as ananymous poster...
it was my requirement only ..pl help me as u read this
thanx...

m hemant
m hemant

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement