Do game demos usually cost a lot to build?

Started by
42 comments, last by CocoaColetto 5 years, 10 months ago
1 hour ago, fleabay said:

I think your current competition would be VRChat.

How do you envision your game being different to VRChat?

I just checked them out. We would be much more refined. Our first venue is innovative and very grandiose and eye-candy. We will have a much larger and diverse selection of fashion-forward clothing and costumes as well as homes and furniture, as I have been working on those for 3 years now! We will not require players to build their own avatars, they can choose from a preset avatar and design their facial structures and aspects to their likings. VRChat is for gamer gamers, but ours is for everyone! Gamers and players, if that makes sense. Other than that we have similar characteristics to our game but when it comes to design and content, we will definitely trump. I can promise you that.

Advertisement
52 minutes ago, CocoaColetto said:

VRChat is for gamer gamers, but ours is for everyone! Gamers and players, if that makes sense.

It doesn't. Gamers are people who play games. Players are people who play games. Under your distinction, are gamers more competitive, or more obsessed, or...?

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

28 minutes ago, Tom Sloper said:

It doesn't. Gamers are people who play games. Players are people who play games. Under your distinction, are gamers more competitive, or more obsessed, or...?

I meant it in reference to the comparison/contrast of my game to the other VRChats, not in general. VRChat is more for gamers, due to the gamers having to create their own worlds and completely build their own avatars, whereas my game would cater to them, yet they would more-so cater to casual players who could not be bothered with the "create a world" features, as they would prefer to get on the game and play around with what we already have. 

On 7/13/2018 at 3:51 AM, d000hg said:

To the OP: can we see a screenshot of what you have? 

It seems you have a 3D world created but that's not a game. Can you demonstrate at all what happens in the game? What the gameplay is like? You can create videos in tools like 3DS so in theory you could demo what the game might be like?

Do you have a document for your game's design?

https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic/697840-looking-for-artist-to-help-with-buildings/?tab=comments#comment-5384736

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement